Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tropic Car Rental

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Hans handles the paperwork in the airport parking lot.
    Probably about 100 yards from the arrival hall.
    He also gives you the parking receipt that you insert in the machine, lifting the gate and you are on your way!

We have utilized Hans' services now for about 7 or 8 years and have always found his prices fair, his customer service top notch and his demeanor "gentlemanly".
    If I was giving an award for "wonderful small business", it'd be Tropic, owner Hans Dhooge.

Andrea
    We agree. One year our plane was delayed and when we got there I phoned Hans and he was there within minutes. Remember to have Tropics phone number with you.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Radisson; Madame Janette; Downtown; Natural Bridge (even though only remnants remain); Marriott; Eagle Beach; Palm Beach
    Since our very first time utilizing the service of Hans and Dennis at Tropic, we have been more than satisified. Two more gentlemanly individuals you cannot find. They are punctual, the cars are clean and well maintained, prices are competitive and the gentlemen are most reliable. You cannot make a mistake by using Tropic Car Rental. I think this year will be our tenth year in a row using Tropic.

Does Tropic rent 4x4 jeeps as well?

SailAway

Radisson; Madame Janette; Downtown; Natural Bridge (even though only remnants remain); Marriott; Eagle Beach; Palm Beach
    No...sorry, not to my knowledge. Only Toyota sedans.

Dom
    The last time I used Tropic, not only did Hans meet me at the airport as promised, he also helped me to load the luggage into the car.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Two visits ago, I had inadvertantly left the headlights on ...overnight. Hans arrived within 20 minutes of my call to him for help...we were off and running in ten minutes!! He is truly one of a kind!!

We used Tropic (Hans) the last three trips to Aruba. He's fantastic!! Believe it or not, the Yaris hold luggage for (4) adults and you can't beat the price of $220 for ten days including liability insurance and no extra chg for another driver. We highly recommend him to anyone.

Just got back from Aruba yesterday. Used Tropic and what a great rental agency. Hans was at the airport waiting for me and it took less then 5 min to get the paperwork done and off I went. Returning the car at the airport was a breeze also. There was Hans waiting for me when I got there. I highly recommend Tropic Car Rental. $175 for the Toyota Yaris for the week and the convenience and great service sure made it worth it!! Tropic gets a 10 in my book!!

Aruba since 1979
    Yup! Hans, the owner of Tropic is the "be all and the end all of the car rental business"

If you want to rent a basic 4 door Yaris...............he has the best customer service and very competitive pricing.

Do you know that he does not advertise other than bumper stickers on his vehicles.
    His business is totally by word of mouth/referrals etc.

There was another rental place on island for years that operated the same way Hans of Tropic operated.......Janssen, but for reasons that i do not know
    the business closed maybe about 18 months or more ago.

andrea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12