Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tropic car rental

Aruba since 1979
    tropic owns 35 or less vehicles.
    reservations a must, sometimes almost a year in advance.

i try to remind folks that as soon as they have an inkling on their dates.....contact tropic and make the reservation.
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtraveler1976 View Post
    Hi ! i used this Co for many years, a service was supperb...This year, and I am dissapointed- we could not make a reservation for weeks 51-52....Hans says, that they are already BOOKED... 7 mo in advance...So, we have to switch to the other renting company. And, I hope, that service, and cars, would be as good as we used to have, with Tropic car rental.

Used han's last week. The new paper work is no problem. Nice late model hyundai cars. Great service and price's. Thanks Han's

Quote Originally Posted by sbatjc View Post
    Just a question....With tropic do you usually get the optional CDW insurance? I believe its $7 more a day...

CDW isn't necessary IF you have a VISA card that includes that coverage. I had an accident in Aruba some years ago. I had used my VISA for the transaction and refused the extra insurance from the rental company. I paid the cost of the repair with the VISA and got reimbursed 100% when I got home. I had to provide VISA with copies of the accident report, repair estimate, rental bill and proof I used my VISA up front.

No issues whatsoever.

Call your card company and ask them specifically if your card has that coverage and that it applies to Aruba.

Thanks so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    CDW isn't necessary IF you have a VISA card that includes that coverage. I had an accident in Aruba some years ago. I had used my VISA for the transaction and refused the extra insurance from the rental company. I paid the cost of the repair with the VISA and got reimbursed 100% when I got home. I had to provide VISA with copies of the accident report, repair estimate, rental bill and proof I used my VISA up front.

No issues whatsoever.

Call your card company and ask them specifically if your card has that coverage and that it applies to Aruba.

just in case you should call your visa to confirm.i have 3 different visa,s and only one issued by "Chase" was 100% covering me over there.

We now only use Tropic. We had a nightmare experience with Avis such as hour long waits at the airport, flat tires and no help ....etc... and very poor condition cars. Hans is a professional and runs a very efficient operation. Easy paperwork exchange ,pick up and delivery a breeze, and he is so wonderful to deal with. Always emails us and gives us excellent service....You won't be disappointed.
    Next Aruba Trip [Countdown8/4- 8/18 200PM:]!

Just made resevation today with Tropic for Dec. 8 to 21st. All Hans wanted was our airline information. He sent confirmation. Did not have to fill out a reservation form, no credit card info. or anything. Did not say we would get e-mail before our flight. Much different than what we have done in past. Last 5 yrs. we have rented from Optima & had to fill out reservation online with license # and credit card info.

Hope everything goes smoothly on arrival. After reading so many nice comments about Hans and Tropic we just have to try his rental company.

Aruba since 1979
    10days to a week out you will get a form to fill out and print 2x

bring with you and the transaction will be easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bud2sam View Post
    Just made resevation today with Tropic for Dec. 8 to 21st. All Hans wanted was our airline information. He sent confirmation. Did not have to fill out a reservation form, no credit card info. or anything. Did not say we would get e-mail before our flight. Much different than what we have done in past. Last 5 yrs. we have rented from Optima & had to fill out reservation online with license # and credit card info.

Hope everything goes smoothly on arrival. After reading so many nice comments about Hans and Tropic we just have to try his rental company.

We are renting with tropic...when we get those forms a week out do we fill in our credit card info then? Also is it all paid for (charged) by the time we arrive down?

Aruba since 1979
    no
    fill out the forms online
    print 2 copies
    bring them with you
    tropic/hans keeps one copy
    you keep the other
    he puts it thru your credit card co once you accept the vehicle.

you do not email or fax them back to him.

you hand them to him at time of pick up

very easy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbatjc View Post
    We are renting with tropic...when we get those forms a week out do we fill in our credit card info then? Also is it all paid for (charged) by the time we arrive down?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast