Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By curleyq

Thread: tropic car rental

tropic car rental

hi all, I just got an email from tropic and they informed me of a change from the airport authority that they will no longer be able to complete paperwork at the airport parking lot. Now it must be completed before arrival, did anyone else hear of this? Are they trying to scrap more money from off site rental co. like tropic?

Aruba since 1979
    That procedure has been in place now for 2+ years.
    Fill out and print 2 copies of the download Hans sent to you and give to him on arrival.
    It is very easy and a breeze to do

OK, thanks much, first I've heard of it. We reserved back in May and I sweat all the details until my big feet hit that wonderful sand

Aruba since 1979
    you are welcome
    make sure that you print 2 copies, one for yourself and one for hans.

re: are they trying to scrap more $$ ?
    maybe.
    a few years ago they airport authority did a parking lot renovation. at that time they had X amount of space offices/kiosks for car rentals. those car rental kiosk companies are paying top rent and want no competition (ex: hans/tropic (and others) charging maybe 20% less due to them not paying a large airport property rent.........
    bottom line the offsite car rental places had some tough regulations to follow. so, hans made it easy for the renter and for himself. the renter completes the forms at home, brings them to aruba and gives hans a copy, hans loads your bags in and the deal is done!

QUOTE=curleyq;247828]OK, thanks much, first I've heard of it. We reserved back in May and I sweat all the details until my big feet hit that wonderful sand[/QUOTE]

thanks so much again, I hear so many good things about Hans and tropic, its great doing business with him. and yes my feet are large DW says I could walk on water if I lost a few pounds so I put rocks in my pocket if I didn't have a big breakfast