Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Tropic car rental

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    We booked Hans last July and had a very good experience. The email was topiccarrent@setarnet.aw. They will respond. I never had a problem and had many email to and from them. Their prices were very good.

Mmmmmm.....I just checked, that's the e-mail I used yesterday. Maybe they don't work weekends? Can you get cars on weekend days?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Rob, I emailed Hans today for us in Nov. I don't expect to hear from him until tomorrow or Tuesday, especially since we don't need a car until Nov

Rob, it took a while for Hans to get back to us last time. We always travel during the middle of the week, so I don't know about weekend pick up.

Yes, they do weekends for both picking up and returning cars. Perhaps they don't handle emails, etc. on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    Yes, they do weekends for both picking up and returning cars. Perhaps they don't handle emails, etc. on the weekend.
    Thanks....good to know.

My second e-mail to them bounced back as undeliverable, so I called. The gentleman who answered explained that they don't do many e-mails on the weekend.
    Since one of my e-mails bounced back as undeliverable, he gave me another address and promised to get back tomorrow tropic@tropiccarrent-aruba.com
    Thanks, all, for your responses. Hans should thank you too without your glowing reviews I would not have called him.
    Last edited by rob o; 01-17-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    Of all of the business people that Paul and I have met over the years, Hans is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Thanks....I'll try again and will give him until Monday afternoon to respond. I will report back, good or bad.
    The report is "good". After finding out that they don't do many e-mails on weekends, I heard from them on Monday. After I e-mailed the formal reservation request, based on Monday's quote, I got a confirmation today.

I reserved for seven days because it was just pennies more than five days. Also, seven days will cost about what I paid for two days in January at a "big name" car rental location.

Thanks to all.....

Last year we were considering a partial week rental and found communication to be very responsive.

Just as an FYI for those looking at the website. Last year, I inquired about a 5 day rental for November. My email was sent about 5 months before, because I had heard we needed to reserve early. It makes sense to me that he would want to try to do 7 day rental first, from a business standpoint. From a customer standpoint, and Robs experience it sounds like 7 days is the way to go.

This is a copy and paste of the response I got regarding the 5 day rental special that was advertised on the website:
    Thank you very much for your request but regret that I have to inform you that we donít take reservations for 5 day rental this far in advance, it can block long term rentals, 2 wks before the starting date YES we do, canít guarantee availability.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12