Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Tropic Car Rental

Tropic Car Rental

Just got word Hans will no longer be able to deliver your rental vehicle directly at the airport, you will have to take a shuttle a mile down to pricesmart. Another sad tale of the Aruban government choking the golden goose of tourism, their only source of income.

just picked up our rental from tropic yesterday. The new process is still quick and efficient. We actually liked not having to maneuver through that airport roundabout on our own. As of now, the cars can still be dropped off at the airport.

One of the conveniences of renting with Tropic was the ability to pick up at the airport. I will have my husband check his email for notification regarding our upcoming trip next month. We like renting from Hans though so we will deal with it. Thanks for the info.

We always rent from Optima or Tropic. Optima's location was at the Toyota dealership on the way into downtown so they would pick up at the airport in a small van and shuttle you to their office for the paperwork and car. You would return the car there and they would drive you and your luggage back to the airport in the same rental car and drop you off right in front of the Departure Terminal. It was very easy and quick and it was nice not having to deal with the airport traffic. I'm sure the new system at Tropic will be just as easy (we're renting from Hans this week and already have our car reserved with Tropic for our New Years Eve trip.)
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Aruba since 1979
    we too will deal with it.
    the only drawback is having to move our bags 2x

hans is a hard worker and will make this new procedure quick and painless i am sure.

Has Optima gone out of business? Thought I read this somewhere. We really liked Optima. We also like Tropic but because my husband drives for a living he likes to take cabs most of the time. On the occasion he decides he wants to get a car it is always last minute so therefore we are too late for Tropic. If Optima is gone that means I need to find someone else to rent last minute from. I will never rent from Econo again- zero customer service!

They are still in business. Hector just sold the business earlier this year so there are new owners.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Thanks guys, this thread reminded us to reserve a rental with Hans. Its amazing how early he books up.
    Sean and Susan

Is Hans (or other rental agencies) still able to deliver a rental car to the hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    Is Hans (or other rental agencies) still able to deliver a rental car to the hotel?
    Yes - hotel delivery is still an option.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast