Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Tropic Car Rental

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Does anyone know now that Tropic has a shuttle to pick you up and bring you to their off site place to get the car. But on returning, do you go back to the off site or go to the departure at the airport as in previous years?

Aruba since 1979
    they will let you know.
    i think it is all now done at their off airport site.

their office is across the street from the flora store, just a little bit beyond price smart.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fl...!4d-70.0158142

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Does anyone know now that Tropic has a shuttle to pick you up and bring you to their off site place to get the car. But on returning, do you go back to the off site or go to the departure at the airport as in previous years?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    they will let you know.
    i think it is all now done at their off airport site.

their office is across the street from the flora store, just a little bit beyond price smart.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fl...!4d-70.0158142
    we take the back way to our place (first super foods). so that's no problem, and we turn down by price smart.

Pick up is different now via shuttle. But the return is the same as in the past. They will meet you in front of the departure terminal.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I heard there was construction going on downtown, traffic was a mess so don't want to go that way...

Aruba since 1979
    there seems to be road construction everywhere.
    going the back way (of which you speak) you will run into road construction of the new Watty Vos.

when we were not sitting in road construction or cruise ship passenger traffic we were stopped due to school being let out.
    I heard there was construction going on downtown, traffic was a mess so don't want to go that way...

that's what happened to us last time, with the schools being left out. I will mention Watty Vos to my husband to see if he can avoid it. What is Watty Vos, lol?

Aruba since 1979
    Infrastructure...roads, roundabouts, Watty Vos , Painted Markers
    new road construction

you may want to create a new thread about road construction and detour questions?

Long story short - it's the new road being constructed to connect the airport area to hotels/food stores and alleviate some of the traffic on LG Smith - more about it at this 9 minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzlKfETLLfs

that's what happened to us last time, with the schools being left out. I will mention Watty Vos to my husband to see if he can avoid it. What is Watty Vos, lol?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Andrea, you were right. I emailed Hans and when we are going back to the airport, we drop the car off at his place and they take you back to the airport..I kind of like that because sometimes the traffic is so bad and we told them what time at the airport and either we get there too early or too late. this way, they are just waiting for us at their place. I don't have to stress that we told them what time and we are running late cause of the traffic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast