Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tropic Car Rental and Hans (An angel from Heaven)

Eagle Beach, the northern coastline, Orangestad, Ararak, etc.

Smile Tropic Car Rental and Hans (An angel from Heaven)

Dear Fellow Arubaphiles,

My husband and I just returned from two glorious weeks in paradise. We rented a lovely new Hyundai Accent from Tropic Car Rental. Our experience with the company and Hans couldn't have been better. We were met punctually at the arrivals terminal by one of the agents. Paper work was completed in advance of our trip. So, all we did was just sign for the car and off we went. Our car was in pristine condition, large enough to hold two 26 inch suitcases in the trunk and "tooled us around" Aruba in complete comfort. (We made sure to download a copy of the road signs and familiarized ourselves with the rules of the road and road hazards so as not to have any driving debacles. We recommend this for ALL American drivers, no matter HOW experienced a driver you are.) And be forewarned - we noticed an increased presence of Aruban police monitoring the roadways and many speeding tickets issued! So, slow down, follow the posted speed limits (in kilometers), enjoy the beautiful Aruban scenery just little longer and arrive at your destination safely.

At the end of our vacation, the drop-off at the departure terminal couldn't have been simpler or more trouble-free. But what's life without a little drama? To top off the experience, I discovered at the airline check-in counter that I had lost my passport! I called Hans to see if perhaps the passport had dropped out of my purse into the rental car. No such luck! But, Hans was an ABSOLUTE ANGEL and gallant gentleman, who kindly offered to come to the airport and pick me up. In the midst of his busy day, he transported me back to Oranjestad where I had dropped the passport in a jewelry store while shopping just before my departure!!! TALK ABOUT SERVICE!!!

My sincerest thanks to Tropic Car Rental and especially to Hans who, because of his kindness, will always have my heartfelt gratitude. See you in June, 2012.

Aruba since 1979
    Thanks for your review
    Hans is a fine gentleman and a wondful businessman.
    We have one of his vehicles now and no where is there a better company or a better man.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we just rented from him for two weeks and he is the nicest person. when we screwed up the starting of the car (electric starter), he was at our townhouse in 10 minutes to help us, not once but twice. he always had a smile. he is by far the nicest person. he switched cars for us because he realized my husband & I are electronically challenged, lol. (don't get me started on trying to figure out the remotes on the TV's in the townhouse). he wanted to switch cars the first time but we were like oh no, we can do it. but of course we screwed it up again. lol. and once again, with a smile on his face, he was back. but the point is the service with Hans is exceptional. And he is so pleasant. if that was me, i would have started to get aggravated with us, lol. but not Hans, as pleasant and accommodating as he could be. he is so customer oriented. I can not say enough good things about him. its so nice in this world where customer service comes last that there is a businessman who actually puts the customer first. his cars are always clean and in great shape.

thanks again to Hans for everything. you're right Andrea, he is a fine gentleman and a wonderful businessman.

Aruba since 1979
    Gaby u too an early riser?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    please, if i get up at 5:30, its late. and i'm retired, lol. once my eyes open, that's it. i just get out of bed. hope you guys are having a great time, which i'm sure you are.

i'm already checking the flights for next year but of course they haven't posted them yet, lol. i can't believe its almost a week since we've been home. if it weren't for my animals, i'd go for three weeks but two weeks is as long as i can stand being away from them.

have fun in paradise. i'm so so so so jealous.

Tropic car rental's vehicle

Hello,
    We are traveling to Aruba in February and I would love to rent from Tropic but our hotel manager warned us not to rent Yaris or Sentra due to high probability of theft. It was explained that since there are a shortage of parts for these cars they are targeted. Tropic Car Rental, according to their site, rents only Yaris.

Thoughts? Advice?

-PR

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

theft and vandalism does happen infrequently.
    that being said there are many Yaris and Sentra vehicles on island.
    Tropic car rental is replacing its Yaris fleet with Hyundais. I think there are now more Hyundais in the fleet than Toyotas.

Will hyundais now become a choice for thieves/vandals?

one of our members here, a frequent aruba visitor (2 or 3 x a year)had her vehicle vandalized in a resort parking lot, under a light, just steps away from the entrance to the resort. the hotel security guard came upon the vandal(s) and stopped the event.
    i do not think this event would prohibit her from renting in the future.
    when one needs a car..............
    the vehicle was a Tropic rental.

it is almost february and if you want a Tropic rental it may be too late.
    his car are booked early and he may be sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilR View Post
    Hello,
    We are traveling to Aruba in February and I would love to rent from Tropic but our hotel manager warned us not to rent Yaris or Sentra due to high probability of theft. It was explained that since there are a shortage of parts for these cars they are targeted. Tropic Car Rental, according to their site, rents only Yaris.

Thoughts? Advice?

-PR

Thank you for the reply. All you've said is good advice (and true!)
    -PR

Aruba since 1979
    your welcome

your hotel manager imo was out of line by saying "high probability"

he/she could have said there might be "some possibility" of your car rental being vandalized.

in 36 trips..........twice we had car rental issues.
    1. we were rear ended near Madam Janettes and there was significant car damage. hans handled it all and gave us another car rental within an hr of the crash.

2. in 2000 or 1 we had our car broken in to and some stuff swiped off the front seat. OUR fault as we left stuff visible and not locked in trunk or glove box.

again, it was hans' vehicle and all was well as he handled it all.......we did have to fill out a police report.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilR View Post
    Thank you for the reply. All you've said is good advice (and true!)
    -PR

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

theft and vandalism does happen infrequently.
    that being said there are many Yaris and Sentra vehicles on island.
    Tropic car rental is replacing its Yaris fleet with Hyundais. I think there are now more Hyundais in the fleet than Toyotas.

Will hyundais now become a choice for thieves/vandals?

one of our members here, a frequent aruba visitor (2 or 3 x a year)had her vehicle vandalized in a resort parking lot, under a light, just steps away from the entrance to the resort. the hotel security guard came upon the vandal(s) and stopped the event.
    i do not think this event would prohibit her from renting in the future.
    when one needs a car..............
    the vehicle was a Tropic rental.

it is almost february and if you want a Tropic rental it may be too late.
    his car are booked early and he may be sold out.
    I was the member that the attempted car theft happened to in Sept. Not a pleasant situation but Hans was a dream to work with and my Amex CC insurance covered his expenses. I would still continue to rent from Hans at Tropic and will be doing so again in April (already have a car reserved.) I also rent from Payless, too, which has different styles of cars. They have been great to rent from if Tropic is already sold out for your trip.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast