Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tropic Car Rental and Hans (An angel from Heaven)

Due to the many great reviews of Hans and Tropic Car Rental, I have just reserved our car from him for early May.

I submitted an application online and within 2 hours he replied with an email with details. I have replied with the confirmation email. All within a few hours of time and a few emails!

The price is right too!
    Aruba here we come!

Aruba since 1979
    when you are a week away from your trip.......
    you will receive an email with an attachment from Hans/Tropic.

fill the form out on the computer
    then print 2 copies.
    bring the 2 copies with you and your rental will be expedited!!

Quote Originally Posted by tight_lines View Post
    Due to the many great reviews of Hans and Tropic Car Rental, I have just reserved our car from him for early May.

I submitted an application online and within 2 hours he replied with an email with details. I have replied with the confirmation email. All within a few hours of time and a few emails!

The price is right too!

Not sure how relevant, but there is a Toyota dealership right down the street from the island so it is not like Toyota is a rare brand to find on the island where parts would be that difficult to locate or have delivered . . . I see loads of them there. We usually rent a Corolla (and lately a Hyundai) . . . we have had zero issues in 6 years and over 25 visits with theft. Despite how comfortable and safe we feel on Aruba (often more than some streets in Toronto), we use the common sense rule of thumb - "don't be stupid and alway be aware of your surroundings". ;-)
    Michael

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Mike,
    Great advice. We too, felt safe from theft until we got lax. The last day of our last trip, we drove our Yaris rental to the lighthouse area to take some pictures by the surf. As usual, the beach area was practically deserted. So, my DW left her purse on the front seat while we walked about 100 yards toward the beach for photos. We met a family and they took our pictures while we took theirs.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two people on an ATV drive down the path past our car. When we returned, the purse was missing.

As we drove back up the dirt road to the lighthouse, we found the purse off to the side of the road and only her cash and cell phone were missing. The credit cards were untouched.

Would we leave a purse on the front seat of an unlocked car at home? Of course not! Always lock valuables up in the trunk, particularly if you're at a snorkel site.

Aruba since 1979
    oh that is terrible.
    your dw must have been beside herself
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsphr View Post
    Mike,
    Great advice. We too, felt safe from theft until we got lax. The last day of our last trip, we drove our Yaris rental to the lighthouse area to take some pictures by the surf. As usual, the beach area was practically deserted. So, my DW left her purse on the front seat while we walked about 100 yards toward the beach for photos. We met a family and they took our pictures while we took theirs.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two people on an ATV drive down the path past our car. When we returned, the purse was missing.

As we drove back up the dirt road to the lighthouse, we found the purse off to the side of the road and only her cash and cell phone were missing. The credit cards were untouched.

Would we leave a purse on the front seat of an unlocked car at home? Of course not! Always lock valuables up in the trunk, particularly if you're at a snorkel site.

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Hi Andrea,

She was. For her, it was more about the cell phone and all of her non-backed up contact information than the missing money. Once she realized all of the credit cards were still there, she was much relieved. Also, she got back her Vera Bradley purse and matching wallet!

We stopped back at the Marriott Ocean Club to report it to the police. The Marriott folks were so concerned and helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12