• 2 Post By kemperato
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By kemperato
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~

Thread: Tropic Car rental.... pick up/drop off location

Aruba since 1979

Tropic Car rental.... pick up/drop off location

I have received 2 conflicting stories.

1. Tropic (Hans/Denis) now transports renters from the airport to an offsite location (hardware store by Price Smart) to get the rental car.

2. Everything is still the same, auto is picked up at the airport.

My source for #1 is very very very reliable.

Has anyone rented from tropic lately?

I am renting from them next week and received my confirmation email yesterday. Hans used to meet us right at the airport and have the car there waiting for us. However their process has definitely changed as the email advised to meet them in front of Digicel booth and they will shuttle us to their offsite location in front of price smart to pickup our car.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks!
    i am glad that the person i was doubting, proved the reason to doubt

Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    I am renting from them next week and received my confirmation email yesterday. Hans used to meet us right at the airport and have the car there waiting for us. However their process has definitely changed as the email advised to meet them in front of Digicel booth and they will shuttle us to their offsite location in front of price smart to pickup our car.

We are also renting from them soon and I got the same message in my confirmation email a couple of days ago.

From their email: Due to new airport regulations we have to shuttle you to our location near the airport, our office is in front of Price-Smart[0.8miles], direction all resorts.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 04-24-2017 at 09:20 PM.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Hope to see you around the island Amy. I think Walt is trying to coordinate something for the Derby. We usually watch at the Beach Bar but it sounds like Legends might be fun to try.

Hope to see you around the island Amy. I think Walt is trying to coordinate something for the Derby. We usually watch at the Beach Bar but it sounds like Legends might be fun to try.
    I had mentioned to Walt that I never miss a Derby and that it would be fun to watch together if he and Pam were interested. I think I might watch at the upper deck bar though at Amsterdam Manor - I want to be sitting outside with a sunset/water view and also still be able to hear the TV (I am very passionate about my Derby - LOL!) I can always swing by after the race. Hope to see you there, too!
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I just rented this past week. I was picked up at the airport and they brought me over to a place near PriceSmart for pick up. It was two seconds. The same process as before, meaning, completing paperwork prior to arrival. Then drop back off was back at the airport. Quick and easy as usual. It was great!

Aruba since 1979

hello tracey!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyb View Post
    I just rented this past week. I was picked up at the airport and they brought me over to a place near PriceSmart for pick up. It was two seconds. The same process as before, meaning, completing paperwork prior to arrival. Then drop back off was back at the airport. Quick and easy as usual. It was great!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyb View Post
    You got to meet cutie Rickey.