Aruba Beach
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By crimms
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By Sue M.

Thread: Tropic Car Rental went above and Beyond.

Tropic Car Rental went above and Beyond.

We wanted to give a happy shout out to Tropic. Hans and Dennis are great Aruba Ambassadors. First of all it was my fault. I did not turn off my car lights one night and heard the dead battery clicking sound as I looked at the huge " turn off hrad lights manually" sign stuck on the dashboard. Even tough we gave ABC our plate # and parked pretty close to guard shack, no one notified us of my error. Their jumper box was dead and head of security was annoyed at me for asking for cables and jump. Anyhow, I did notify Hans before we got security to help us, so he called roadside for us. After getting car jumped I called Hans to cancel roadside assistance. He said to drive car for about 30 minutes to recharge. The next morning we went out to car and heard the clicking sound again. Not my fault this time- I swear. Too embarrassed to go back to guard shack and face chief again. Got out of car, locked door and walked away realizing now I locked keys in car too! Very frustrated at my stupidity. I called Hans and told him my whole sad story. He stated he would send Dennis with a new battery and extra key in about 20 minutes!. Wow, now that's great service. Dennis came and changed battery in like 4 minutes, after unlocking my car. We were off to baby beach. Yea! Not only did Tropic Car Rental save the day, when we returned car, Hans deducted one day for our trouble! What, only in Aruba! In N.J there would be an extra fee for my debacle. 5 Stars to Tropic, true Aruba Ambassadors!
    Sean and Susan

Aruba since 1979
    WOW
    what a large glass of lemonade Hans and Denis made for you from all the lemons.

Tropic is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    We wanted to give a happy shout out to Tropic. Hans and Dennis are great Aruba Ambassadors. First of all it was my fault. I did not turn off my car lights one night and heard the dead battery clicking sound as I looked at the huge " turn off hrad lights manually" sign stuck on the dashboard. Even tough we gave ABC our plate # and parked pretty close to guard shack, no one notified us of my error. Their jumper box was dead and head of security was annoyed at me for asking for cables and jump. Anyhow, I did notify Hans before we got security to help us, so he called roadside for us. After getting car jumped I called Hans to cancel roadside assistance. He said to drive car for about 30 minutes to recharge. The next morning we went out to car and heard the clicking sound again. Not my fault this time- I swear. Too embarrassed to go back to guard shack and face chief again. Got out of car, locked door and walked away realizing now I locked keys in car too! Very frustrated at my stupidity. I called Hans and told him my whole sad story. He stated he would send Dennis with a new battery and extra key in about 20 minutes!. Wow, now that's great service. Dennis came and changed battery in like 4 minutes, after unlocking my car. We were off to baby beach. Yea! Not only did Tropic Car Rental save the day, when we returned car, Hans deducted one day for our trouble! What, only in Aruba! In N.J there would be an extra fee for my debacle. 5 Stars to Tropic, true Aruba Ambassadors!
    Sean and Susan

They are a very fine car rental company. We had trouble with the trunk on our last rental and we notified Hans and he arrived quite promptly and provided us with another car. I highly recommend them Great customer service you may not get with many others.