Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tropic drop-off

Tropic drop-off

Would someone please remind me about how we arrange to meet someone from Tropic at the airport when departing? I emailed Hans this AM for info about traffic and how to get the timing right getting to the airport w/o anyone having to wait around, but he hasn't answered yet. We got step-by-step info from him about arrival but nothing about how to hook up when leaving and, although we've used Tropic before and everything went smoothly, can't remember how to do it now. Maybe I'm just getting anxious and we'll hear from him soon, but a little reassurance from Tropic-veterans would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Good question. I just put our time of return on the form emailed to me and though I would ask on p/u.
    Let us know what you find out Jans.
    Cathey 4 and counting

Aruba since 1979
    When arriving at the airport stay to the right as if you were dropping someone off in front of the USA departure terminal. Pull over along the curb right there at the beginning of the usa departure building.

Hans or Denis or Mrs Hans should be waiting right there on the sidewalk.

Call and confirm the time!

I just got finished droppping off a car to han's in early August and like Andrea said I got to the Airport about 10 min. early and parked in front of the USA departure and it wasn't very long and Hans pulled up and off we went. Tropic Car rental is just great I've been using them for about 4 years now.
    Next Aruba trip in

Hans will be waiting at the arrival terminal or ask the security they will point you to Hans or Dennis
    for all of your aruba tour needs! http://www.wixtours.com/

Thanks for your responses and advise. Called Hans this morning to set up a time to meet. He suggested 12pm for a 2:40 flight. We were a little early, about 15 minutes, but, happily, Hans was 10 minutes early as well. No problem pulling up to/waiting for him to come at the curb by departures. It all worked out very smoothly, which may account for not remembering how we did it before; it was that easy! BTW, we had plenty of time getting through all the cattle-shoots and were at our gate with about an hour and a half to spare.
    Thanks again for your help; it did reduce our worry. Our family suffers from what we jokingly call PTP, pre-trip paranoia. You know, when there's a chance that everything will go wrong. This trip may have re-set my expectations because we couldn't have had a better, complication-free, all wishes fulfilled vacation.

Aruba since 1979
    glad all went well and there were no hassles.
    PTP..........of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by janscaped View Post
    Thanks for your responses and advise. Called Hans this morning to set up a time to meet. He suggested 12pm for a 2:40 flight. We were a little early, about 15 minutes, but, happily, Hans was 10 minutes early as well. No problem pulling up to/waiting for him to come at the curb by departures. It all worked out very smoothly, which may account for not remembering how we did it before; it was that easy! BTW, we had plenty of time getting through all the cattle-shoots and were at our gate with about an hour and a half to spare.
    Thanks again for your help; it did reduce our worry. Our family suffers from what we jokingly call PTP, pre-trip paranoia. You know, when there's a chance that everything will go wrong. This trip may have re-set my expectations because we couldn't have had a better, complication-free, all wishes fulfilled vacation.

We just dropped off our rental car with Hans this past Saturday. Because of all the road construction at the airport you will no longer pull up to the curb in front of the departure terminal - that road now is only for taxis.

Just follow the signs and you will end up one road over from the terminal. Pull up to the curb on that road and Hans will be there as always. Still easy but now you have to cross the street to the terminal.

Also when leaving the parking lot at the airport, you will now turn right, not left, to exit. There are alot of new one ways at the airport because of the new roundabout construction and not always the best signage so stay alert.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Amy, when you say you now turn right out of the airport, does that mean you are going the opposite way of downtown towards the highrise area???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast