Aruba Beach

Thread: Tropic has nothing available 10/22-30

Aruba since 1979

Tropic has nothing available 10/22-30

OMGosh
    Hans at Tropic emailed me and feels terrible that he does not have any car for us to rent for this visit in 3 weeks.

We have rented from him 24 times and have never been disappointed or worried.

Suggestions for rental?

We just want a vehicle that runs and has good air conditioning.
    Anyone like OPTIMA?

Hans may be getting a few more cars at the end of the week and said he would be in touch.
    Disappointing that we cannot rent from hans at Tropic

Andrea

We had been renting for years with Hertz and had such a bad experience last December we decided to give Royal a try on our visitin Feb. We were pretty satisfied so we are going to give them another try this December.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Baby Beach -just to be lazy and float on my raft and snorkle too
    Once before we needed a car for 21 days family vacation for 11 and friends for 10 and another car for an overlap of 2 days for friends. Hans did the 21 days and then sent us to another company for the 2 days since he did not have any other cars. Ask him and he will tell you who to use.

In the future I would recommend emailing Hans as soon as you have your airfare or timeshare booked. He books up fast because he give such great service to all.

Good luck,
    Jill

We ran into the same problem, no cars left. We are using Alamo instead, got a great rate using code:
    Rate/Product Code YQ
    and coupon code AD3784BSH
    It was the same price we got from Arbua Royal only with the convenience of picking up at the airport. Good luck!!

Try Carribean car rental

The airport is convenient but the car rentals at the airport have to charge an additional tax. As a result, the rates may be the same but you will get "dinged" with the airport tax. Ask them about...
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

ArubaAmy uses Optima. We've used Royal and Amigo with no problems. Royal usually has good bargains.

Aruba since 1979
    i am waiting to hear back from hans.
    he may set us up with another company
    AND
    if not we'll go with optima

i usually book with hans as soon as we know our dates..............but this time we only had 28 days notice

we have been dealing with Hans for a long time and that is why i am freaked at having to use a different company

andrea

Arubagirl90Once before we needed a car for 21 days family vacation for 11 and friends for 10 and another car for an overlap of 2 days for friends. Hans did the 21 days and then sent us to another company for the 2 days since he did not have any other cars. Ask him and he will tell you who to use.

In the future I would recommend emailing Hans as soon as you have your airfare or timeshare booked. He books up fast because he give such great service to all.

Good luck,
    Jill

We ran into the same problem, no cars left. We are using Alamo instead, got a great rate using code:
    Rate/Product Code: YQ
    and coupon code: AD3784BSH
    (I forgot to include the ID#...430710)
    It was the same price we got from Arbua Royal only with the convenience of picking up at the airport. Good luck!!

Also, my total price includes the 11% airport tax plus the 3% reg tax. It was a great deal. Only draw back is the price changes by the 1/2 hour on the day of return. Does anyone know if there is a "grace period" on returning at Alamo? Some places charge if you are late by minutes, other give you 1/2 - 1hr grace.

Aruba since 1979
    Hans from tropic and ~amy~ recommended Optima.
    We made contact and the reservation is set and price is good.

Andrea