Aruba Beach

Thread: U-Save rental car...Bad experience

U-Save rental car...Bad experience

Hi all,

This is my first post, but I felt it was something future travelers should know about.

I booked a 10 day car rental through U-Save about a month ago. I arrived in Aruba on Thursday. Upon arrival, I had to search, but I did find their representative at the Airport. (a 17 year old kid)

The kid was nice, but told me that someone from their office needed to talk to me. He then put me on the phone with a woman whose English was very difficult to understand but whatever...........................anyway......... ....she tells me that there has been a problem, and they have no car available for me at all until Friday. She continues that she will call me the next day (Friday)...after 12:00pm. .......After hanging up, I realize that she doesn't even have a phone number to reach me at. I called back and asked her what number she was going to call me back on, and she says that she would call my Hotel.....(I never gave her the Hotel that I was staying at...LOL)

......anyways...I gave her my cell number (and Hotel)...........

...................................and of course no call comes on Friday at all.........

After waiting around until 3:30 I have to be the one to call U-save and the same woman tells me that they will have someone to pick me up at my hotel in 1 hour.

after an hour and a half goes by, I again have to call U-Save, where the same woman tells me that earlier, the owner had told her, that he would pick me up around 4 o'clock......but since it was already 4:30, she would have to call him, and then call me right back...............LOL...........................a fter another half an hour goes by...............I once again call them......................and the same idiot woman answers the phone, and puts me on the phone with the owner.....................who tells me.................

.........................."Oh Sorry.....but we don't rent cars to people who stay at your hotel".......LOL

....................they obviously never had a car for me, and just decided to jerk me around........LOL

I went on their web site, and you can't even get a car until March 8th at the earliest..............

They should have been honest and just told me from the beginning that they had no intention of providing a car for me.....

..........I would have just went with a different company....

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.................................... ..

Not the best way to start your first 2 days, ever in Aruba.

Do yourself a favor and rent from someone else.
    Last edited by areezee; 02-07-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    what a nightmare
    when you initially booked, did you give them a credit card number?
    if so, a call to your credit card company may be in order, just to fill them in on your experience with USAVE and to make sure that there are no charges on your credit card from USave

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by areezee View Post
    Hi all,

This is my first post, but I felt it was something future travelers should know about.

I booked a 10 day car rental through U-Save about a month ago. I arrived in Aruba on Thursday. Upon arrival, I had to search, but I did find their representative at the Airport. (a 17 year old kid)

The kid was nice, but told me that someone from their office needed to talk to me. He then put me on the phone with a woman whose English was very difficult to understand but whatever...........................anyway......... ....she tells me that there has been a problem, and they have no car available for me at all until Friday. She continues that she will call me the next day (Friday)...after 12:00pm. .......After hanging up, I realize that she doesn't even have a phone number to reach me at. I called back and asked her what number she was going to call me back on, and she says that she would call my Hotel.....(I never gave her the Hotel that I was staying at...LOL)

......anyways...I gave her my cell number (and Hotel)...........

...................................and of course no call comes on Friday at all.........

After waiting around until 3:30 I have to be the one to call U-save and the same woman tells me that they will have someone to pick me up at my hotel in 1 hour.

after an hour and a half goes by, I again have to call U-Save, where the same woman tells me that earlier, the owner had told her, that he would pick me up around 4 o'clock......but since it was already 4:30, she would have to call him, and then call me right back...............LOL...........................a fter another half an hour goes by...............I once again call them......................and the same idiot woman answers the phone, and puts me on the phone with the owner.....................who tells me.................

.........................."Oh Sorry.....but we don't rent cars to people who stay at your hotel".......LOL

....................they obviously never had a car for me, and just decided to jerk me around........LOL

I went on their web site, and you can't even get a car until March 8th at the earliest..............

They should have been honest and just told me from the beginning that they had no intention of providing a car for me.....

..........I would have just went with a different company....

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.................................... ..

Not the best way to start your first 2 days, ever in Aruba.

Do yourself a favor and rent from someone else.

Hi Andrea....

i called my Credit card company....they have been made aware of the situation....

thanks...............

Quote Originally Posted by areezee View Post
    hi all,

this is my first post, but i felt it was something future travelers should know about.

I booked a 10 day car rental through u-save.....

do yourself a favor and rent from someone else.
    power of the internet!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

areezee,
    what a story...that's awful. never had that kind of problem and we have rented from many different car companies. have had a few break down, but the rental companies fixed the problems immediately. we will remember to not rent from them....by the way, how did you even find them??? we always use the companies that are available through this website and if I am not mistaken that company is not on the list
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I used a travel search engine (Kayak), and they came up as the cheapest..........

If u still need a rental pm me and I will give u a contact e-mail and phone number, some companies are playing games with school vacation and carnival coming up this week.

Quote Originally Posted by MARK68 View Post
    If u still need a rental pm me and I will give u a contact e-mail and phone number, some companies are playing games with school vacation and carnival coming up this week.

Thanks Mark, greatly appreciated... I got a car today over at Alamo, and am very happy to again be mobile........lol