• 1 Post By aruba2099
  • 1 Post By Pegmeister
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By aruba2099
  • 1 Post By DiviDiviFan
  • 3 Post By hockeymom23

Thread: Van BUS vs. Arubus

Van BUS vs. Arubus

We used the so called Van BUS in Aruba this time on multiple occasions and were nothing but pleased. They are cheaper than Arubus ($2 each way, anywhere), more frequent and faster and most were air conditioned. Arubus buses are NOT air conditioned anymore, they leave the windows open, very uncomfortable ride.

We've used the vans a few times. It's always an interesting ride. People are friendly. We had one trip though that everyone must have been on the way to work and chatting away in Papiamento. We did hear 'Americano" mentioned a few times in the conversations followed by a ton of giggles. Everyone was smiling and while curious about what was said, we took it as friendly banter.

Aruba since 1979
    are those vanbus vehicles are operated by arubus?

Quote Originally Posted by aruba2099 View Post
    We used the so called Van BUS in Aruba this time on multiple occasions and were nothing but pleased. They are cheaper than Arubus ($2 each way, anywhere), more frequent and faster and most were air conditioned. Arubus buses are NOT air conditioned anymore, they leave the windows open, very uncomfortable ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    are those vanbus vehicles are operated by arubus?
    I think they are independent van operators, their vehicles just say "BUS", they will stop anywhere(safely) if you hail them.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I feel bad saying this but one of our first visits we were waiting for a bus at the normal bus stop when we were picked up by one of these vans. I was a little nervous. Of course now knowing how safe Aruba is I feel silly. They are more frequent and quicker to your destination, I don't mind no a/c seeing as it is usually a short trip to downtown.

I felt the same way the first time we used on of the vans. Heck, we were brought up that you don't get into a car with strangers!! We had the same experience as Peg, all locals chatting away. They were all smiling at us and by the end of the ride, we were waving goodbye to them and telling them to have a nice day. I really enjoyed it and look forward to doing it again this year.

Something new to try. Thank you for sharing. Always good info from this group.