Aruba Beach
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Aruba4ever
  • 2 Post By angelone
  • 2 Post By elephant_guy

Thread: Waze app for directions

Waze app for directions

If you ever were lost and needed to find your way home...or find something in particular the Waze app works well in Aruba from what I can gather.

This February, the owner of Anna Maria's told us he recommends it as the best for directions to the restaurant and all around Aruba.

Waze does require data. For those who don't want to use data, you can download Google Maps before you go and the directions will work on the saved map without using data.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We tried using it last year and it didn't handle roundabouts well... It was particularly messy near the airport. We ended up deleting the app and just use Google Maps now.

PocketGlobe makes an Aruba offline map app that has worked really well for us. There is a cost to it, but I think it was $5 or less - totally worth it IMO.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Google maps works great for me.
    Next Aruba trip in

With no requirement for Wifi or Data I use "Here We Go". The App is free on Android and Apple and is the best map app (online or offline) I have ever used, and I have used a few... It also provides directions (Like Sat Nav) and uses only the local Cell Phone Signal (requiring no data charges, wifi etc). The only thing you have to do is to download the maps for the location you are travelling to prior to use (No Charge). The accuracy is incredible bearing in mind it uses only cellphone tower triangulation to establish location.

I travelled from Aruba to Florida in February for 2 Weeks using a UK Cellphone and drove from Fort Lauderdale to the Keys, to Fort Myers and then to Orlando without using data or wifi whilst driving. Directions were flawless with me finding Google Maps a poor second when I used it when I got back. Just search "Here We Go" in either the Play Store or Apple App Store.

Can't recommend it highly enough....

Mick