Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa
  • 1 Post By JohnnyTram

Thread: What to do with a jeep for a couple days

What to do with a jeep for a couple days

So for the first time in 7 years we are renting a jee. We will only have it for a couple of days but I wanted to get some suggestions on what to do while we do have it. We have done the jeep tours to the gold mines and baby beach etc. but I wonder if it may be more fun going back without a group of strangers! Not that we didn't have fun but you know. How about driving to Charlie's Bar? the Natural Pool? what else?

Aruba since 1979
    charlie's bar and exploring on your own sounds like a good idea.
    how about trekking from the lighthouse to the alto vista chapel too?

also too keep all valuable out of the jeep when it is parked!

Aruba Driving Tour: North End of Island

Aruba Driving Tour: South End of Island

If you need a version to download and print, let me know.

ArubaLisa-

Getting a Jeep and launching your own personal excursion will be one of your best Aruba experiences. Here are a list of places you want to see while exploring the island:

Mangel Halto
    Natural Pool (You want to stop at Madi's and have some Cocnut Water and Arepas before you climb the mountain)
    Hoiberg (got to be in really good physical shape for the climb, but worth the view from the apex)
    Savanetta Water Tank
    Arikok Park - Boca Prins, Wind Turbines, up into San Nicholas, stop at Charlies for refreshments)
    Also, the Carrubean Festival in San Nicholas on Thursday nights is worth the trip. You can likely time your travels so you can enter the park a little later (like 4 or 5PM) then circle toward San Nicholas to catch the festival.

Email me at johnwilliams1576 at gmail dot com (sorry, haven't posted enough on this bb to be allowed to put my email address up) if you would like directions to maximize your time. Keep in mind, the island doesn't have street signs, so even with directions, you are bound to get a little lost, which is part of the fun.

Sincerely,

JohnnyTram

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTram View Post
    ArubaLisa-

Getting a Jeep and launching your own personal excursion will be one of your best Aruba experiences. Here are a list of places you want to see while exploring the island:

Mangel Halto
    Natural Pool (You want to stop at Madi's and have some Cocnut Water and Arepas before you climb the mountain)
    Hoiberg (got to be in really good physical shape for the climb, but worth the view from the apex)
    Savanetta Water Tank
    Arikok Park - Boca Prins, Wind Turbines, up into San Nicholas, stop at Charlies for refreshments)
    Also, the Carrubean Festival in San Nicholas on Thursday nights is worth the trip. You can likely time your travels so you can enter the park a little later (like 4 or 5PM) then circle toward San Nicholas to catch the festival.

Email me at johnwilliams1576 at gmail dot com (sorry, haven't posted enough on this bb to be allowed to put my email address up) if you would like directions to maximize your time. Keep in mind, the island doesn't have street signs, so even with directions, you are bound to get a little lost, which is part of the fun.

Sincerely,

JohnnyTram