Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What modes of transportation have you tried over the years while in Aruba?

Aruba since 1979

What modes of transportation have you tried over the years while in Aruba?

What modes of transportation have you tried over the years while in Aruba?

Our very first trip, i actually do not remember how we got from the airport to the resort.

Another trip, we were a group of 6 and the other 2 couples thought it would work in our favor not to rent a car and to solely use taxis.
    We found that it backfired as we exceeded the capacity of the taxis. We wound up renting and breaking free of the other 2 couples who continued to use taxis.

We exclusively use car rental.
    Never have we rented a jeep/jeep like vehicle.

Our best deal was thru Avis about 5 years ago.........there was a typo on their website and Avis was inundated with car rentals from many of us for very very very short money. I do not remember the exact amount, but it was about $100 including taxes for 2 weeks.

Other than the Avis deviation, we are customers of Tropic Car Rental.

Other transportation modes we have used horseback, ATV, feet, helicopter and boat

How about you?

Wow! What a deal!

Our first visit we used DePalm transfer from the airport to ABC and rented a car for two or 3 days. I remember just driving up & down streets drooling a the color of the water and just driving around stumbling upon caves & the natural bridge, etc.

Now we rent a car or bus for the entire time we are on the island - vehicle type depends on how many people are traveling with us.

We rented a jeep for the day when we drove to the Natural Pool.

I would love to try Trikes Aruba & Segway Aruba someday
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.trikes-aruba.com/tours-rates/
    the trikes tour , from what i have heard is pretty awesome.
    we did the segway at EPCOT recently and although it was fun, i was very nervous and glad when it ended.
    i do not think i would be comfortable enough doing it on aruba....i would be too nervous with the motor vehicle traffic.
    http://www.segwaytoursaruba.com

Since our first trip we have used the DePalm bus for our airport transfer. We enjoy it. This past trip the cost was $30 round trip for two, plus tip of course.

Getting around the island for the most part we've used taxis. Since we stay at an all inclusive the number of times we've needed a taxi is limited. We have also traveled the bus when we head downtown for an afternoon of shopping and have taken those little vans that pull up at a bus stop.

I've trying to convince Tom we should rent a car for a few days. He doesn't want to drive himself and definitely doesn't want me to drive!!

We always rent a car. We generally have to run around doing errands and stay at villas in residential neighbourhoods so it just makes things easier logistically.

We use taxis when we go out for dinner and adult beverages.

We're actually looking at a cruise that has a stop in Aruba so I may had ocean liner to the list in the next few months!

We did a Segway tour in Chicago a few years ago. It was fun but I'm not inclined to do it again... it's one of those "try it" life experiences. And I'm not Paul Blart, Mall Cop.
    Last edited by act1966; 01-14-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Our first time in Aruba we took a cab from the airport and used the bus and cabs. Since then we've rented every year.

Once we rode horses off road and will never do that again.

We have always taken taxis for our airport transfers. Our first trip we had 2 nights at Tropicana and used the bus to get to Palm Beach. It was very easy from there. Other than that we have just used taxis to get around. To us its really not that big of a savings to make the bus ride a better choice than taxi.
    We did a Jeep Tour for our first site seeing adventure, and rented 4x4 rhino atvs for an adventure around the island on our own - definitely a fun way to do it!
    Next trip, I think we will rent a car for a few days and see how it goes from there.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    re: the bus

imo if people are used to taking a public bus or public transportation (train, bus, subway, trolley) then the bus option
    for aruba is an easy option.
    if one is not used to the things that go along with public transportation, then taking the public bus in aruba may be not a great option.

(when i was a college student in boston, i was impressed with the ease and convenience of the bus and subway. now as an older person, and less patient, i hate waiting for anything )
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-15-2015 at 11:13 AM.

On our first visit, the bus transfer to the hotel was included with our package. We were at the Americana (now Occidental) and it took what seemed like foreverrrrrrrrr because we stopped at all the low-rises along the way to drop people off (hey, we were young and it was "included").

Now, always a taxi from the airport. We've rental jeeps most of the years.

The funniest mode of transportation was the year we rented scooters; probably 1992 or 1993. Fortunately, traffic was not what it is now.

This year will be taxis and maybe a car for a few days.

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.
    we always rent a car when we visit the island. We spend a lot of time on the southern end of the island, Savaneta, St. Nich, etc. Its expensive to travel to that end of the island by taxi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast