Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats the best jeep rental place?

whats the best jeep rental place?

going for my fourth trip to Aruba in November with my husband and my friend and her b/f - My hubby wants to rent a Jeep if only for a few days .. . Can anyone tell me where is the best place to get a Wrangler from and cheapest?? Also, if we DO rent a vehicle - are there places to park if we go to a beach somewhere other than our hotel vacinity area, such as Baby beach or eagle beach?? Can we park the jeep or do you really have to get there early first thing in the morning??
    Any suggestions and help would be most appreciated..
    Thanks and looking forward to seeing beautiful Aruba again in 90 days. . .Whoo-Hoo!

Our last two rentals were with Aruba Royal Car Rental and Amigo Car Rental. Both were fine companies to work with.

We had a bad experience with Amigo - the vehicle we ordered wasn't in when our flight arrived so they gave us a junker and told us to pick our car up the next day. So the next afternoon we went to their office again...only to find that the car still wasn't in. Finally got it the third day of our trip. Never again.

We have had positive experiences with Econo and Jeeps4Less.

abj
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonluvesaruba View Post
    going for my fourth trip to Aruba in November with my husband and my friend and her b/f - My hubby wants to rent a Jeep if only for a few days .. . Can anyone tell me where is the best place to get a Wrangler from and cheapest?? Also, if we DO rent a vehicle - are there places to park if we go to a beach somewhere other than our hotel vacinity area, such as Baby beach or eagle beach?? Can we park the jeep or do you really have to get there early first thing in the morning??
    Any suggestions and help would be most appreciated..
    Thanks and looking forward to seeing beautiful Aruba again in 90 days. . .Whoo-Hoo!

there was pleanty of room for parking at baby beach the other day when we were there.

Have also used Amigo with no problems, have used Aruba Royal as well as Courtesy.
    Originally tried to stay with one company thinking they would give a deal for staying with them...realized that doesn't really work, so every year I go onto the Forum, click onto each car rental agency and then go with the cheapest one. The only one I have had trouble wit is More 4 Less. Jeep kept stalling or not starting...took it back and got another one immediately, so I guess they are okay, they did not give my any trouble trading out the jeeps.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I just had an awful experience with Budget. I rented a Suzuki Grand Vitara for 3 days. The 4wd system didn't work (I know because I got stuck), and when I complained about it they treated me like dirt. It took me two hours of calling and complaining to finally get them to do the right thing, and then they made me feel like I was being a mooch.

I would suggest whatever you rent, ask to see it first and if it's not new or like new, pass.

I think something to keep in mind when renting in Aruba (and Curacao for that matter) is that when you use a company such as Budget, Avis, Hertz, etc. though we as Americans associate them as being "US companies", in Aruba (and Curacao) they are franchises.

When we contacted Budget corporate regarding a rental problem in Curacao as well as Avis regarding a rental in Aruba, both times the corporate attitude was the same: "these are franchises, and we have no ability to control them and their actions."

[quote

When we contacted Budget corporate regarding a rental problem in Curacao as well as Avis regarding a rental in Aruba, both times the corporate attitude was the same: "these are franchises, and we have no ability to control them and their actions."[/quote]

Even as frnachises they should have to hold to the same corporate policies as the American version in order to use that "famous" name. That is the reason many people probably rent from those companies, to ensure high quality products..Shame it doesn't work that way....
    We just rent from the cheapest company and hope for the best.....the few problems we have had have been taken care of at no cost to me.....and always I have found pleasant helpful persons working at the rental agencies...lucky I guess...???

That's weird...I've never seen the quote come out that way before ????

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    That's weird...I've never seen the quote come out that way before ????
    [quote -- missing the end " ] "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast