Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to rent a jeep

Where to rent a jeep

Hello,

We are visiting aruba in 19 days and still need to book a jeep for a few days so we may explore. any recommnedations on where to rent it from? would like a newer jeep, one thta is not old and not beat up. Also are you able to take them off road in the dessert and to go the natural pool??

any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Tony

Royal worked for me. you can take them off road but remember your responsible for any damage. Make sure you look over the rental really good and note even the minor things just to be sure you don't get hit with anything>

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Tony,
    While you can drive a jeep to the Natural Pool, you may also want to consider taking an ATV tour. They're relatively cheap and they'll pick you up at your hotel / timeshare and drop you back off. There are a lot of operators on the island, but check out previous threads for opinions about the best operators.

We took one last time and had a good time and got to the Natural Pool, Baby Natural Bridge, Ayo Rock formation, etc., with no issues.

Enjoy.

I agree with jpsphr for 2 reasons. 1) The rental companies are NOT keen on renters travelling the north coast with their vehicles - you have no idea how rough it REALLY is . . . 2) we used to book with ABC Tours (before we got addicted to ATVs from George's) and I got to drive their vehicle during the tour since they are usually short a driver . . . these vehicles are built for this type of terrain . . . Enjoy the north coast - a truly different experience . . . be sure to stop at Hollywood Diner in San Nicholas for pulled pork and brisket . . . inspirational!

Thanks for the info guys! So going to the Natural pool in a jeep is going to be difficult then? I figured the jeep would be a lot more comfortable than driving Atv's. My wife wont be able to drive her own atv and two people on one is kinda crammed for a long period of time.

Smile

If you take a jeep to the naturaul pool, make sure its a tall 4x4 because if its not, you will scrape the under side of the jeep. If you want to see the Island on a Rhino, which is a 4x4 and its a 2 seater and they wilol stay at the natural pool as long as you like. You can go on the Club arias website and get the info on that. Arias takes only 1 or 2 couples so its like a private tour. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Tony,
    My wife wouldn't drive one either, and rode with me. She actually enjoyed it. It was her first time on one and she liked it more than she thought she would. The ones we rented were absolutely big enough for two.

The whole trip was about 2.5 hours, but you spend a while off the ATVs at the baby Natural Bridge and the Natural Pool.

Our son drove his own and he had a blast.

We did see a guy in a 4X4 hung up on the rocks. Like Kent said, with a regular jeep, you'll probably be scraping bottom more than once. It's a rough track.

However you get there, it's worth the trip. Enjoy.

Okay so sounds like i should se the bridge and pool on an ATV or the rhino. I will check out Arias for the Rhino. Any recommnedations on who to take an ATV tour with? Also we still would like to rent a jeep for a day or two to explore and reccommendations on who to rent a jeep from?

Aruba since 1979
    Private jeep tour?
    also too check out this thread

and also the
    ACTIVITIES section of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by arub11 View Post
    Okay so sounds like i should se the bridge and pool on an ATV or the rhino. I will check out Arias for the Rhino. Any recommnedations on who to take an ATV tour with? Also we still would like to rent a jeep for a day or two to explore and reccommendations on who to rent a jeep from?

I rented from royal, they were shady, but the price was as promised and no problems. I paid $300 for the week, the jeep was old but did the trick. Hertz @ my hotel had nice clean jeeps but wanted $169 a day!

Use your phone camera and take pictures of the jeep when u check it for prior dents with the rep. I took the pics with the sales rep in them so he could not say I took a photo after a made a dent or so. I felt more safe that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast