Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has received an Avis rental car on special

Question Who has received an Avis rental car on special

Well in the spirit of discussion, I and many others would like to be to follow along on who actually gets their reservation honoured by Avis.

I will not be in Aruba until December but I know many of you will be going in the upcoming months and did book with Avis on the special for either a van or small car.

I as well as others, would like to have some feed back from the people who are dealing with Avis Aruba whether it is getting the reservation honoured or perhaps some difficulty in getting them to respond or respect the reservation. We need to keep each other informed so we know what to expect.

I think because of this BB, Avis Aruba has finally backed down and is honouring our reservations. Please let all of know what is going on?

Thanks and....

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

POWER OF THE INTERNET
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    and that is why the reason we have gone back to AVIS title pn the posting heading

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I think because of this BB, Avis Aruba has finally backed down and is honouring our reservations. Please let all of know what is going on?

Right now, I have nothing but good to say about AVIS, I hope it stays that way. Thanks to all who helped get there!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    [quote=Randi;140254]Well in the spirit of discussion, I and many others would like to be to follow along on who actually gets their reservation honoured by Avis.

Thanks and....

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

POWER OF THE INTERNET[/quote

I am glad to see this posting back. I am very interesting in how everyone makes out. Randi, I am behind you all the way...Forge ahead.
    CIndyo

Thanks CindyO, I think that swagmaster's good words for Avis would have been different had we not pushed for a good resolution to this situation. Of course, we are hoping that all the reservations will be honoured especially when we get into the busy season.

In the spirit of co-operation, I asked before on the other thread if I should possibly change my signature... I am considering altering but not eliminating it as we are not home free yet.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Just got a phone call from a friend who has a reservation with our "Avis aruba special". Lidia confirmed that they will honour the reservation. She had arranged a Sunday to Sunday reservation and asked if it could be changed to a Saturday to Saturday. No such luck, oh well!

I still say it is because of all of us on the board that we have been able to have our reservations honoured. People, we have done good....

Aruba since 1979
    i just got my email from lidia

unfortunately will not be able to honor my confirmed reservastion.

so i am done with them

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i just got my email from lidia

unfortunately will not be able to honor my confirmed reservastion.

so i am done with them
    WHY WOULD THEY NOT HONOUR IT???

I am going to PM you with the guy's name at Customer service. Explain to him that Lidia went ahead and cancelled your reservation (that is what she told me but she never did) and requested you rebook (she did that to me also but I did not rebook) and now you are aware that everyone who didn't rebook is getting their reservations honoured.

THIS IS NOT GOOD!!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks!
    andrea

When should I expect an email from Avis stating that they will not honor our reservation?I have a reservation for the last two weeks of October.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast