Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has received an Avis rental car on special

They will honor your reservation if you did not cancel. Send your email to Lidia and she will reply she is slow but she does reply. If I was understanding correctly when Lidia said they would not honor Andrea's reservation Andrea cancelled the reservation now they feel they dont have to honor her reservation at the previous rate. Dannyo just send the email you got nothing to lose.

New2Aruba

Andrea situation is this, both she and I got the same email from Lidia (except Andrea ordered a car not a van)
    Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, we can not confirm these reservations. While maintaining our rates ,there were some mistakes and you could made reservation on it. These prices do not exsist, we can not rent a van for $10. per day.So all these reservations will be cancelled by Avis Aruba. If you want I can confirm reservations for these periods you need a car. Booking now you will have the best rate for high season.

Thanks,

Lidia Pourier
    Avis Rent a Car Aruba
    Reservations
    Tel.(002-97)582-7202
    Email:lpourier@avis.aw

When I got the email, I did not rebook my vehicle. Unfortunately, Andrea believed that her reservation was cancelled and then rebooked her vehicle. When I spoke with a Customer Service representative he told me that in fact my reservations were never cancelled. I guess Lidia couldn't actually cancel the reservations without my implied consent. Andrea not realizing by rebooking in fact ended up cancelling. At the time of this email, Aruba Avis was not going to be honouring all of our reservations. Due to a lot of complaints (I am surmising) about the situation they changed their mind and decided to honour the reservations. Unfortunitely, Andrea got "screwed" because she rebooked. Had she left the reservation and booked with someone else she would have been fine.
    This is unfair as she was in essence tricked into cancelling her reservation.

DannyO, send her another email or call directly and tell Lidia you are sending her an email right away and are standing by at your computer for her reply.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Avis issues.

Well, I don't know if anyone has actually tried to use the promo/rate reservation in person but I have spoken to a few US reservation agents and Avis customer service who have told me the reservation is valid and has to be honored. I am arriving in 4 days and will advise if I have a problem or not.

Quote Originally Posted by myantz View Post
    Well, I don't know if anyone has actually tried to use the promo/rate reservation in person but I have spoken to a few US reservation agents and Avis customer service who have told me the reservation is valid and has to be honored. I am arriving in 4 days and will advise if I have a problem or not.
    Great, we look forward to the update.

There was a bit of confusion way back with Avis as initially they (customer service) said it had to be honoured but then back tracked as Aruba Avis is not part of the same Avis in Canada and the US. It is a franchise so they can not force them to honour the rate. That is why we are all so worried. Again, way back I was told they could only do an investigation if I got in writing that they were not going to honour the reservation. I did get that and an investigation ensued. For whatever reason, they have now said that they will honour the reservation.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I received an emial from lidia who stated that my reservation was confirmed for 8 days $135 rate for a seven passenger van. She did state i would need to get the van from their main office instead of the airport. I replied back and forth a few times today and was informed the main office is like 8 minutes from the hotels on palm beach...??? Any other people get a response like this,?
    idea53@verizon.net
    Im worried about this after renting from others for 10 years..
    Al

I got the same response as did others. If you pick up your vehicle at the airport you are subject to the airport tax. That is why many no longer rent at the airport. Just take a taxi to the Avis office which, apparently, is near Ling and Sons.

I am pretty sure Schotlandstrat is the street that runs parallel to L.G. Smith Blvd behind Lings.

thanks hopefully it is by ling and sons because its on the way to hotel and makes it easy to pick up on the way!! cant beat 135 for 8 days for a van!!
    Hopefully the car has 4 tires and a/c!!LOL

Avis promotion/special rate questions

Hello all,

I have written under another thread but wanted to update all at once. I just arrived here yesterday, finally..

I had absolutely NO difficulty with the reservation. I booked a sub-compact for 7 days for a base rate of $35.00 with taxes totaling $65.10.

Although the counter help had (0) zero personality, we were upgraded to a bigger car without even asking.

The contract printed out with the low rate right on it and again had NO problem.

I hope this helps some of you as I was a little worried, beforehand.

Bon Bini
    Matt

Aruba since 1979
    matt
    happy happy joy joy
    andrea

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast