Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has received an Avis rental car on special

Thanks for taking the time to update Matt! Enjoy your vacation!

I just received an email from Avis confirming my reservation for October.I did email Lidia and have not heard from her.Kind of interesting don't you think.I just don't know what I would do if I got to the Avis counter and they don't what to honor my reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    I just received an email from Avis confirming my reservation for October.I did email Lidia and have not heard from her.Kind of interesting don't you think.I just don't know what I would do if I got to the Avis counter and they don't what to honor my reservation.

DannyO, Avis will confirm via email your reservation. This is done automatically. The issue is that the Avis in Aruba in independantly owned and can decide not to honour the special rate "because it was a computer glitch"!! This is the reason we have wanted Lidia to confirm back to us that our reservations will be honoured.

As stated before, Lidia tried to tell a number of us that the reservations would be cancelled but people started calling customer service international and an investigation was started. Not sure what happened with all of this but end result, all of a sudden the reservations started being honoured. As I posted earlier, Lidia told me that my reservations had been cancelled and then after speaking with an international customer service representative, I found out the reservation WAS NOT cancelled. She did not answer my emails so I finally called her and I said I was sending her an email as we were speaking for her to verify my reservation. I told her I was waiting at my computer for her response back. She finally sent back an email confirming that they would honour my reservation.

That may be the route you should take. Make the phone call. She will probably tell you "I thought someone contacted you already"!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

First I want to thank all the wonderful people on the message board I have returned to philadelphia however my friends are still in aruba having a great time. I am going right to the chase I walked out of the airport across the street because I needed to get to general aviation and the aiport said if I did not mind paying $8.35 for airport tax I could pick up my vehicle there no problem no let me digress I flew in on a buddy pass so I was bumped friday and arrived in aruba saturday afternoon they extended my rental until saturday still honoring the reservation I did purchase the insurance so my total price for a rental in aruba $240. I will post my trip report later but I want to really say thank you Randi for taking on this fight and everyone coming out a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyg2u View Post
    I want to really say thank you Randi for taking on this fight and everyone coming out a winner.

Thumbs down

First I want to thank all the wonderful people on the message board I have returned to philadelphia however my friends are still in aruba having a great time. I am going right to the chase I walked out of the airport across the street because I needed to get to general aviation and the aiport said if I did not mind paying $8.35 for airport tax I could pick up my vehicle there no problem no let me digress I flew in on a buddy pass so I was bumped friday and arrived in aruba saturday afternoon they extended my rental until saturday still honoring the reservation I did purchase the insurance so my total price for a rental in aruba $240. I will post my trip report later but I want to really say thank you Randi for taking on this fight and everyone coming out a winner.
    Not everyone is a winner. The owners os Avis Aruba would probably disagree with you. It is a shame to see people taking advantage of the situation, but as long as you are happy, that's all that counts. (not)

Hopefully everyone here is treating Avis Aruba the same way they want to be treated.

Have a nice day!!!!
    Just Tom
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

YOU ARE MOST WELCOME!!

As far as Avis is concerned, I think they need to learn a little bit about Customer Service and treated their customers in a fair manner. Having had my own business at one point in time, I understand customer service from both points of view.

Let me say this, Avis Aruba was well aware that something was amiss. They had all of our emails and no one bothered to contact us. Many people emailed them directly and they didn't bother to return emails. For me personally, I waited 3 weeks and sent 3 emails and no one bothered to answer me back. I also made 3 phone calls too. This is not how you treat customers. If they had sent us email explaining the situation and handled things in a more upfront manner, perhaps we (the customer) would have been more understanding. As an example, if they would have contacted me and explained the situation and told me as a gesture of goodwill we will be honouring the reservation but please understand that the price advertised was not a special rate but a mistake. They would have had me as a loyal customer for a very long time. The situation, Tom, was that we kept enquirying with Avis and EVERYONE told us not to worry that the rate was correct and that it was valid. Avis Aruba was not responding. This whole situation was handled in a unprofessional and improper way. That is why we got our backs up and dug in our heals to make sure that we got the rate that was quoted.

Now as far as everyone being a winner, this is also true. While we as customers get a fantastic rate on our vehicles, we may also become an Avis repeat customer! I did not realize that Avis was anywhere but the airport so if my experience is a good one, I will use them again. That makes Avis Aruba a winner too. Tom, not sure if you work for Avis but they are a very big company and one hand needs to know what the other one is doing. When owning a franchise (which is what I did) sometimes things happen and you need to follow the company party line. The emails that were initially sent to us telling us that they cancelled our reservations go against the Avis policy, as I am told by Customer Service International. Kindness, integrity and honesty is always better when dealing with a customer than evasiveness, ignoring people and trying to get around policy. As a group, we fought for what was right and yes, us, the consumer "won" this round but in the long run Avis Aruba could win too!!!

Our Avis threads and posts are no different than the honesty we post about restaurants, hotels, tours, excursions, etc. in Aruba. No one gets upset if we "discuss" some situations with a restaurant?? This is what makes this BB so good as we can be topical. Hopefully, any business in Aruba will take what is being said and use it to improve their business or take pride in the fact that we think what they are doing is great. Another example, OMATS, manager was very open with us during our third visit in March. He read on this BB and restaurantsaruba.com some of the customer complaints, he took it to heart and fixed it. Now, nothing but good reviews. Most likely a lot of his business came from all of the wonderful comments we make right here.

So to end this, perhaps Avis Aruba will have learnt something from this experience!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    i am glad to read spirited discussion.
    i just wish the sarcasm would disappear.
    i find it useless and mean spirited. (my opinion)

my thoughts.....Avis is getting a lot of good "press" and that is a good thing.
    Avis is showing us that they can be "trusted" and are reliable. (again, my opinion)

ArubaLisa says to me by PM and i QUOTE
    "Avis WILL benefit with ALL of the POSTIVIE publicity they are NOW receiving for satisfying their clients. It is called GOOD WILL. "

• hopefully everyone with AVIS news or information to share will do so here without the fear of being maligned or ridiculed.
    • spirited discussion and respectful disagreements welcomed.
    Andrea

Cool Who has received an Avis rental car on special

We are all back from Aruba and the other couple returned the rental on Saturday
    although it did not go smooth we will not have to dispute with Avis in the state's. My cousin said she returned the rental and the lady that waited on us when we arrived was off and she did not put any comments in the computer everything was on paper and the guy that was waiting on her did not want to honor any of her notes and wanted to bill us the total amount and we could call Avis to get the charges reversed my cousin was persistent and when she got on the plane our agreement was honored the total bill was $350 taxes and insurance but we could live with that because it could have been much higher.

Love Aruba cant wait to return andI will post my cousin's trip report because she had a blast.

We are all back from Aruba and the other couple returned the rental on Saturday
    although it did not go smooth we will not have to dispute with Avis in the state's. My cousin said she returned the rental and the lady that waited on us when we arrived was off and she did not put any comments in the computer everything was on paper and the guy that was waiting on her did not want to honor any of her notes and wanted to bill us the total amount and we could call Avis to get the charges reversed my cousin was persistent and when she got on the plane our agreements honored the total bill was $350 taxes and insurance but we could live with that because it could have been much higher.

Love Aruba cant wait to return andI will post my cousin's trip report because she had a blast.
    OK, can you slowly (perhaps with some periods)try and explain what happened? What was her bill supposed to be as per her contract? What notes and where was her confirmation that had her contract amount?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast