Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has received an Avis rental car on special

Aruba since 1979
    so in few words.....all went well, contract and prices honored.....the avis employee that accepted the car was unaware of the pricing but it all ended well right?
    way to go avis!

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyg2u View Post
    We are all back from Aruba and the other couple returned the rental on Saturday
    although it did not go smooth we will not have to dispute with Avis in the state's. My cousin said she returned the rental and the lady that waited on us when we arrived was off and she did not put any comments in the computer everything was on paper and the guy that was waiting on her did not want to honor any of her notes and wanted to bill us the total amount and we could call Avis to get the charges reversed my cousin was persistent and when she got on the plane our agreement was honored the total bill was $350 taxes and insurance but we could live with that because it could have been much higher.

Love Aruba cant wait to return andI will post my cousin's trip report because she had a blast.

Strangely the reservation I had for $88 (a Suzuki Gran Vitara/14 days/Nov. 2009 at General Aviation) was never confirmed even if I have email them twice about it.
    Worst now they have added a new Airport/City/Other surcharge: $219.40 to my reservation!

Glad I still have my Hans reservation in hand...

AVIS maybe you've won this time but on the other hand I will NEVER rent from you in any near future nor will I ever recommend your business to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    so in few words.....all went well, contract and prices honored.....the avis employee that accepted the car was unaware of the pricing but it all ended well right?
    way to go avis!

andrea
    NOOO, her experience did not seem to go that smooth. It sounded like Ladyg2U had to end up paying more money. That is why I would like some additional information. Like did she have confirmation in hand, etc.

glaval sounds like Avis didn't live up to their word either! Airport surcharges should not be added as they are not in the airport. This is not a good thing! May be they are adding them on to try and recoup the money for the car???? This is problematic.

Let's keep this going so we can follow along both good and bad!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Airport surcharges should not be added as they are not in the airport.
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyg2u View Post
    ...I walked out of the airport across the street because I needed to get to general aviation and the aiport said if I did not mind paying $8.35 for airport tax I could pick up my vehicle there no problem ...I did purchase the insurance
    It sounds as if ladyg2u not only agreed to pay the airport surcharge, but took the insurance.

Red face Who has received an Avis rental car on special

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    NOOO, her experience did not seem to go that smooth. It sounded like Ladyg2U had to end up paying more money. That is why I would like some additional information. Like did she have confirmation in hand, etc.

glaval sounds like Avis didn't live up to their word either! Airport surcharges should not be added as they are not in the airport. This is not a good thing! May be they are adding them on to try and recoup the money for the car???? This is problematic.

Let's keep this going so we can follow along both good and bad!
    I did end up paying more money I was aware of taking the 11% surcharge
    because I rented from the airport vs general aviation then my cousin did not have her major credit card you need a credit card with a $1500 limit to waive the insurance she brought the smaller limit not to go crazy shopping in aruba. I had the confirmation in hand they get you with the airport tax the government tax and there was one more tax at the end $350 the rental was $86 $264 in taxes and surcharges. I tried it next time I contact Hans.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 06-08-2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: closed quote

ok, I think I get it now!
    Yes, if you rent from the airport you will pay the airport tax. That is why many of us no longer rent from the airport. The other taxes and insurance is the same no matter where you rent from.

Thank you for sharing!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Has anyone noticed that Avis Aruba, has now added a $10.00 per day concession fee for any vehicle that is picked up at General Aviation? Has anyone re-checked their confirmation regarding this new charge?

I guess they are attempting to make up the money that they lost due to their mistake...

Regards,

This must be the charge ladyg2u was talking about??? Are they charging that on the Oranjestad office too? Perhaps someone who got charged should check with head office to see if this is legit????

Unhappy Who has received an Avis rental car on special

the web site states that $5.60 per day VLF/ B & T Surcharge
    along with the 3% government tax. I rented from the airport so I was charged the 11.11% airport recovery fee.

Aruba since 1979
    LISA how did you and your dh make out picking up the avis car rental?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast