Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has received an Avis rental car on special

I got worried with all of the talk about the Avis deal and even though I have a confirmed reservation with them I refuse to pay all the additional taxes and such.....went with American since I have rented with them in the past and have never had a problem....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    lisa and her husband picked up their avis rental minivan today.
    from what she told me, the van is a newer model and the contract that she had originally received was honored.

i hope that she posts the details, but she and the family are on vacation.

but i did want to let folks know that avis is pulling thru for those that were fortunate enough to have "gotten while the gettin " was good.

kudos to avis.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    .... i did want to let folks know that avis is pulling thru for those that were fortunate enough to have "gotten while the gettin " was good.

kudos to avis.

andrea
    Not in our case Andrea...
    Avis did not honor all of the lucky ones...

Kudos to Hans if you want my opinion...

Aruba since 1979
    not in my case either pierre

but i am trying to at least post when good is happening

our reservation with hans (the 20th time we have rented from him) stands.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by qlaval View Post
    Not in our case Andrea...
    Avis did not honor all of the lucky ones...

Kudos to Hans if you want my opinion...
    Can you provide the details of your case?

While I applaud Avis for standing by many or most of the reservations, there are some that are not so lucky. To be true to the forum, we must present both good and bad just as we do with other Aruba businesses.

Avis has finally been honourable (after enough aggrevation at the beginning) for most people and perhaps that goodwill will carry over for further trips. We rent vans on our trips when we travel with all of our kids so finding a company that rents vans which are in good condition isn't always the easiest. If Avis treats me well then they will have me as a further customer.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Can you provide the details of your case? .......

Sure.

On 4/17/2009 12:04:42
    I made a reservation for a Suzuki Gran Vitara for 14 days.
    Pick up location: General Aviation for November 2009.

The cost was $88 + a taxes & surcharges fee of about $75 for a total of $163.
    (The reason the surcharge price is approx. is because I destroyed the original reservation email when it was said on the forum that they wouldn't honor these prices...)

I've email them twice for a pricing confirmation, they NEVER took the time to answer me.
    Instead they simply changed the original reservation with much higher taxes & surcharges fee.

From $75 to $228.93!
    Not even an email when it was done...

So the total for the location is now showing $316.93!!!

What a bargain and what a way of doing business!!!

Shame on you Avis!
    Last edited by qlaval; 06-19-2009 at 09:10 PM.
    Pierre

Well I have my original email but I am going to the Oranjestad location. Do you think I should ask them to email me with the exact amount of the taxes? Aren't the taxes a standard rate???
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Well I have my original email but I am going to the Oranjestad location. Do you think I should ask them to email me with the exact amount of the taxes? Aren't the taxes a standard rate???
    Go to the Avis website http://www.avis.com/car-rental/avisHome/home.ac and type in your reservation confirmation number and your family name in the VIEW/MODIFY/CANCEL section and looks if the amounts are the same. But don't forget that until the last moment they are able to modify them. (That's what they did once I inquired about my reservation...)
    Last edited by qlaval; 06-19-2009 at 09:22 PM.
    Pierre

We rented a mini van from Avis with a pick up at the Schotlandstraat location.
    • The van was in excellent condition, with fully functioning everything (a/c, power windows etc).
    • Dh returned the van this a.m. and they charged to the penny the exact amount that we originally reserved for.
    • They also drove dh back here to the Tamarijn.
    We were very pleased with the experience-- both service and quality. I would recommend them to others. In our case, they have earned much good will.

Just mho. We had another experience last night with a restaurant which was not as satisfactory. Will detail that in my trip review.

I was there 2.5 weeks ago and would never ever rent from Avis again! I booked Oranjestad location and this is not the Airport location as i thought (the website does not give Airport as an option so i assumed Oranjestad meant airport) . they did not honor the price which was quoted to me by computer and also I prinited out confirmation. after 1/2 hour on the phone they said ok they would "help me out" they were going to charge my card $1,500.00 hold because i had my own insuance plus the weekly rate (close to total $2,000.00)! hold on my card. Thank goodness I asked him just before he swiped my card. I told him there are plenty of other renters on the airport lot and i walked right out of there and rented from Budget who only required a 180.00 hold on my card. I had a price quotation of 195.00 and they wanted to charge me over 300.00 I asked why and he said airport has 11% charge because they are on the lot! last i checked 11% of 195.00 is not over 300.00

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast