Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has received an Avis rental car on special

Avis did place a $1500 hold on our AMEX. In our opinion, we do not have an issue with this in that they are allowing us to take a pretty expensive vehicle for our use while on the island.

We rented the Vitara from 6/19 - 6/26. We arrived at the airport and asked for directions for Genral Aviaition. I was told that someone would be happy to bring a car over for me, and save me the trouble. So far so good!

My original rate was:

Base Rate: 6 day(s) , 20 hour(s) 44.00 USD Taxes & Surcharges: 42.81 USDApproximate Total 86.81 USD

I was then told that they have a $10 per day additional surcharge for the private airport, and it could not be waived. I was not going to argue, and will instead lodge a complaint with AVIS followed by a credit card dispute.

PS: the Vitara was in very bad condition with dents, scratches, and the windshield ready to pop out.

ok people, this is why we have this thread still going...we need to keep on hearing the good, bad and otherwise.

Forewarned is forearmed!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Another good reason not to fight for our own Vitara reservation... Thanks.

$150 a week is still not a bad price. I'll see what I can do to get the $70 taken off.

Well, my special price with Avis booked through Expedia was not honert. Not even Expedia was able to help. I will not go back to either one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wernerjb View Post
    Well, my special price with Avis booked through Expedia was not honert. Not even Expedia was able to help. I will not go back to either one.
    More details, please....
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Has anyone else had a problem with Avis honoring their reservation?

I will return to Aruba on September 14th and I will write about my experience as to whether my confirmed price was honored.

I recently checked my reservation on line and found that the reservation had been changed, without my permission or knowledge, as a $10.00 per day service charge wad added for picking the Suv up at General Aviation. (This surcharge was not on my original email confirmation).

Hopefully, all will go well and Avis will honor my original confirmation before they changed it in their system. (I do have my original confirmation without the recently added surcharges.)

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    Has anyone else had a problem with Avis honoring their reservation?
    We had no problems in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We rented a mini van from Avis with a pick up at the Schotlandstraat location.
    • The van was in excellent condition, with fully functioning everything (a/c, power windows etc).
    • Dh returned the van this a.m. and they charged to the penny the exact amount that we originally reserved for.
    • They also drove dh back here to the Tamarijn.
    We were very pleased with the experience-- both service and quality. I would recommend them to others. In our case, they have earned much good will.

Aruba since 1979
    i just got repeat written confirmation from avis
    today
    the prices the same

very very reasonable $150something for 2 wks

andrea
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-26-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast