Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Who has received an Avis rental car on special

Smile Is the Avis car rental still available?

Hi All,

I will be in Aruba in October and was hoping to rent a car for the week. Does anyone know if this great offer is still available and where I can find it?

Thanks!
    Tina

Quote Originally Posted by ttdo1174 View Post
    Hi All,

...Does anyone know if this great offer is still available and where I can find it?

Thanks!
    Tina
    No not anymore.
    More not all of the offers were honored....

Aruba since 1979
    according to avis' website (i check every so often) the prices have gone back to their regular rates and have not dropped back down to the "miraculous rates" that were on the avis site a few months ago.

aruba is very lucky to have some very good car rental companies

2 locally owned companies stand out as EXCEPTIONAL Tropic and Optima

do your homework, check out your options, before you reserve check back for some opinions

andrea

All Reservations will be honored.
    We try Harder!!!

Andy,
    Thank you so much for your contribution. As you probably read many of us have had some difficult times with our reservation or potential reservation. We are very happy to have you onboard as well as your encouragement that all of our reservations will be honoured. Personally, I have two reservations and I am hoping that there will be no issues with my reservations even though I have contacted Avis Aruba and have been told they would be reluctantly be honoured... but that is a whole other story!! We rent a van twice a year and this is our first time with Avis and I can assure you that if our experience is good, you will have us as a customer for a long time!! There are not a lot of companies that have vans available.

So, once again, thank you for your help and support!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I pick up my SUV on Monday from General Aviation. I will post an update regarding my experience with Avis and whether they will honor my written confirmation.

Andy Avis, let them know I am coming. Will you be there?

Regards,

Aruba since 1979
    dave not only bring your written confirmation but also print out the last few pages of this thread to show that andy has been very cooperative by reaffirming that reservations will be honored

andrea

We will never use Avis again. Problem with them was not only did theynot honor price i was quoted online but if you don't take their car insurance which does not cover theft (like most if not all car insurance for rentals in Aruba) they will hold 1,500.00 on your credit card! We always use our own car insurance to make sure we are covered for everything.

My experience with Avis was.........

After leaving the airport, I immediately took a cab to General Aviation since this is where I received the cheapest rate. I arrived at General Aviation only to find that Avis does not have an office there anymore. I later learned that Avis did not want to pay the fees set by General Aviation and they decided to close their office. (Nice of them to notify me of the change.)

After being helped by a very friendly older lady at GA, she called Avis at the airport and arranged for them to come pick me up and bring me back to their office at the airport.

Once back at the airport, the Avis worker advised me that I should have not went to GA because their office is closed. When I told her and showed her my reservation that stated that my rental was for General Aviation, she apologized for Avis not contacting me and advising me of the change.

Bottom line - Avis did honor my extremely low price. I did not receive a great SUV as it has 54,340 miles and many body scratches, but it is acceptable.

If anyone else has a rental pickup at General Aviation, be aware that it is now closed and the pickup will be at the airport.

Regards,

Thanks for posting David.

I have a GA reservation that include my email address and no one have email me either to warn me of the GA office closure...
    Last edited by qlaval; 09-16-2009 at 01:10 PM.
    Pierre

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast