Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Who has received an Avis rental car on special

Aruba since 1979
    that is unfortunate he did not reply

avis must not need the business ????

Will be heading to Avis on Saturday afternoon so hopefully, all will go smoothly!

Good thing we kept this thread alive, good source of information.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

we rented from andy last month, everything went smooth. they thought i was suppose to pick up the car at a different location then the airport, but i had my paper work and was given the car at the airport and got the great deal Andy quoted me!

I went week #44 nov 1st and they honored my rate of $135.99 for a week rental for a seven passenger van. Email them prior to arriving and ask them if everything is all set . Must pick car up at office near hotels. There is a shuttle but they never told me so it cost me $25 to get there . Ask them about shuttle service!

Arrived on Saturday and got to Avis (after going to the old one near Ling and Sons) and got our van as promised. We showed them the confirmation sheet and at first they told us it was wrong but then I produced the email from Lidia stating they would honour our contract and there was nothing they could say after that!

Got first van but exchanged it the second day as the alignment was terrible and back bench broken. This one is not bad but who can complain with the amazing price we got. We have another van booked in March so if everything goes well with Avis, we will use them next year as a gesture in Goodwill!

All in all, very pleased with Avis.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Arrived on Saturday and got to Avis (after going to the old one near Ling and Sons) and got our van as promised. We showed them the confirmation sheet and at first they told us it was wrong but then I produced the email from Lidia stating they would honour our contract and there was nothing they could say after that!

Got first van but exchanged it the second day as the alignment was terrible and back bench broken. This one is not bad but who can complain with the amazing price we got. We have another van booked in March so if everything goes well with Avis, we will use them next year as a gesture in Goodwill!

All in all, very pleased with Avis.
    Randi,you didnt get the bug van did you?Do you think we will ever get those rates again?

I didn't get the bug van but we did get a van and Avis did honour their contract. The van was a bit beat up but I certainly couldn't expect them to give me one of their better ones as I understand that they should go to the full paying customer. We were happy to have the van for our great price of $300 for three weeks and we have one more reservation at the end of feb.

As I promised if Avis was "true to their word" I would take down this thread in my signature line. However, I am hoping that my last reservation will also be honoured.

Avis was very helpful and accomodating. We are regulars who do rent vans most of the time in December when travelling with all of our kids so Avis may have found a regular customer.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this and we got Avis to honour our contracts. We did this as a group and we have the satisfaction of knowing that we can stand up and work together, sometimes we can make a difference. Believe me, they listened and "kudos" to Avis for this.

Does anyone else besides Andrea and I still have outstanding reservations?

Aruba since 1979
    yes indeed kudos to avis for fulfilling our bargain rates.
    by their fairplay and communication and customer service, they won some new '
    customers.
    thanks randi.

Avis

For those at Gold Coast, I understand Ed has been dealing with Andy for a while now and I believe that you can book through him at a special rate .

Please make sure you post this at the Gold Coast Social Group as well.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/groups/2/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    For those at Gold Coast, I understand Ed has been dealing with Andy for a while now and I believe that you can book through him at a special rate .

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789