Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth renting a car?

Kelly

Is it worth renting a car?

I was wondering if I am better off renting a car for the week or taking a taxi or bus?

Does the bus service go all around the island? And what are the hours of service for the buses? How late do they run in the night?

How are the roads on the other side of the island, by the way?

Which car rental company is the best or the cheapest?

frank

Re: Is it worth renting a car?

Hi Kelly
    try advantage rent a car good service and new car not expensive www.arubaadvantage.com
    frank

Robert Milk

With the exception of my first trip to Aruba, I always rent 4-wheel drive hardtop in Aruba. You need a 4-wheeler for the eastern side of the island.

The first trip, we used a taxi for a couple of days, then switched to rental. Rental gives you more freedom. Depending on how much you use the car, it might be better to rent a car for just a couple of days and use a taxi the rest of the time.

Enjoy,
    Bob

Carrie

Definetely reant a 4 wheel drive vehicle. My husband and I rented a 4x4 and drove over the whole island. You need 4x4 to drive on the east side, it is all dessert with crappy roads. This way you can go to the natural bridge, natural pool. It is fun.
    You can drive to all the different beaches, they are wonderful. We only used a car 2 days, the island is small. We just took tours and buses the rest of the time.
    Good Luck

Meg

We rented a van type of deal when i was there & it was great! We spent a whole day just driving around the island & checking stuff out. Beautiful place!! I say definitely go w/ the rental car. I think the taxi drivers FLY!! but, i guess they just know the roads.

F&G

We rented a jeep from more4less and also had good luck. It was going to be for 3 days but we kept the jeep an extra day because we had so much fun with it. Cabs are good also, heard the busses take you longer to get where you want to go to.

Kelly

Thanks everyone!

Where do I rent a car? Can I do it at my hotel?

jamie

If you do it from your hotel, have the concierge do it for you.....making phone calls (even local) cost $$. We found that out the hard way a couple of years ago. Even using your calling card to call home is very expensive. For that, ask the concierge to tell you where they have phone places where it's not expensive...I can't remember what the heck they called them. Luckily, our cell phone worked there the last time we went so we just used that. I think they sell phone cards too. Just an FYI so you don't have a huge phone bill when you check out. And yes, definitely rent a car.....4 x 4 if you plan on touring the other side of the island.

Michele Gumm

You do not need a jeep!We rented a small japanese car and we went everywhere on that Island!!!Go to Amigo and tell them the people from the states who got hit by the Banana Bus recommended them, they will give you a discount!!

Has anybody ever rented from Royal Aruba Rent-a Car?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast