Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Yep, as I predicted....

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I was still hoping (against hope?) that Rona wrote a satire, that she would just make fun of the whole parking situation as many people are still upset about it.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I cant think of any current public parking areas in the Palm beach area to use for paid parking. Maybe the government is going to build some parking lots or pave the areas where people park now across the street from RIU, Occidental and Radisson and put meters in. Hyatt owns a large parking area and Playa Linda has a small parking area and Holiday Inn has a large parking area. Does anyone know of any government owned parking in Palm Beach?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Arubabob==there is one only I can think of. By Palm beach mall, there is the paid parking that is enclosed. But there is an outside lot that wraps around the mall (across from the Aqua construction) and goes around to Taste of Belgium, White, etc. There is no paid parking there in that small lot. Frankly I was surprised last week that that lot was free.

I was thinking maybe those spots on the roads in between the hotels close to the beach could get some of those spots. I'm thinking about the area near the Red Sail sports guys and the road between the Surf and Moomba. The sad thing is that I think mostly locals and workers use those.
    I hope Aruba is doing something like VA Beach does. Walt can correct me if I'm wrong, but their city run parking gives local residents a much lower fee than tourists. I guess I don't really think much about parking meters or fees because of we've paid $10-20 a day to park at the beach here at home.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Paid parking in the high rise area was mentioned by La Cabana staff at the owners meeting I attended back in August 2015. I didn't think to ask where.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I'm a little confused on parking in the resort areas - do the resorts/timeshares/hotels not have their own parking lots?

I'm not surprised Aruba is moving to this - they need the revenue and space is at a premium on islands (e.g. compare this to parking in Manhattan). I'm surprised it's taken them this long.

We always rent a car and pretty much drive everywhere... I'm actually glad parking downtown is going to be a little easier now.

And there are very few places we've traveled to that don't have some sort of paid parking institutionalized; IMO, Aruba's just catching up.

I would hope the hotels/resorts are going to work out something in a fixed price aspect for guest parking in the lots just like most other hotels in cities have.

Most of the high rise hotels/timeshares have free parking lots for their guests. These spots would be for people coming in from other areas

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Most of the high rise hotels/timeshares have free parking lots for their guests. These spots would be for people coming in from other areas
    So the hotels will just need to ensure guests have passes indicating they're staying there and charge anyone else for parking?

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    So the hotels will just need to ensure guests have passes indicating they're staying there and charge anyone else for parking?
    I'm not sure how the other hotels do it, but at Playa Linda you need a room key to open the gate to access their lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I'm not sure how the other hotels do it, but at Playa Linda you need a room key to open the gate to access their lot.
    Divi Dutch Village is the same way - you need your room key to access the parking lot
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast