Aruba Beach

Thread: yet another rentacar vs taxi thread!

yet another rentacar vs taxi thread!

YET ANOTHER RENTACAR VS TAXI THREAD!!

Rent a car/van? If so for how long? Vs taxi?

I hate dealing with taxis. I hate dealing with rental car agencies. I hate transportation.

I like drinking wine and booze on the balcony. I like grilling meat and fish and shrimpz. I like easy meals out.

I like walking but not too far. I like public transportation if it's clean and safe.

2 or 3 adults, 3 small children

Surf Club

historically we like to buy groceries, eat breakfast in condo, eat 75% lunches at condo, 50% dinners in condo.

Never been to aruba so will want to explore somewhat.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/car%...s.%20taxi.html
    check out some of these rental car vs taxi discussions.

would you be interested in an island tour on your own or by taxi or by bus?

your meal plan is very similar to what lots of timeshare users do.

i encourage you to read thru the aruba.com forum of threads of interest...........check out the culinary section.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    This is what works for us, but everyone has their own preferences! We rent a 4X4 (Rav4 last time) so that we can explore the "other side" of the island -- really fun and you get to see what the natural habitat is away from the resorts. It also enables us to go out for dinner wherever we want without consideration of taxies. We also limit beach time to 3 or 4 hours a day, so we need a means to do other things! We have had so many interesting trips around the island on our own, and seen many spots that we would have missed otherwise!

Do we need a rental car?

Coming to Aruba in March 2011 and normally we always rent a car. We are staying at the Marriott Ocean club and thinking we might need on to get around...

Thoughts and who should we rent from?

Thanks
    Jim Mc

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

We use Super car rental. They have been great to us. Very nice cars, and reasonable cost. They pick you up at the airport and drop you off.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    On our last trip we rented from USave with no problems. Had a nice Rav4 that got four of us to some fun and interesting places!
    Since we like to go to different spots to eat, and really enjoy exploring the island, a car seems to be a necessity for us!

Do we need a rental car?
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/car%20rental%20or%20not.html

we always rent a car. ...Thoughts and who should we rent from?
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/car%20rental.html

Quote Originally Posted by SVB57 View Post
    Coming to Aruba in March 2011 and normally we always rent a car. We are staying at the Marriott Ocean club and thinking we might need on to get around...

Thoughts and who should we rent from?

Thanks
    Jim Mc
    We own at the Ocean Club and would recommend a car. If you want to see the island and dine at some of the more popular non-resort places a car is a must.
    The weekly rates in Aruba are not that expensive; $200 range in March probably.

We normally stay more than 7 nights and do not have a car for the entire trip since the walk down the beach to Fishes & More (a personal favorite) easy and enjoyable. But to see and taste the best of Aruba, get a car.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

We always get a car when we land. It saves us on taxis to and from the airport and its great to have the freedom to get anywhere you want whenever you want. if you are at the Ocean Club the car is good for getting groceries. We feel it's worth the money if if you don't use it everyday. Driving around the island is so easy and its fun to stumble upon new places.