Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: BB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    As most of you know, Curtis is a Steelers fan and of course I am a Pats fan. We are making plans to watch the season opener together. And please, anyone on the island, come to our celebration tonight at The Local Store.
    Where is "The Local Store"? What is it like there?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

The Local Store used to be located downtown (it was our favorite for a beer break) but they recently moved to the high rise hotel area and are in the old Caribbean Store Bar location (next door to 2 Fools and a Bull.) They expanded their menu to include craft beers and more food (mostly burgers and casual food.) It's just a nice casual little place if you want to relax, meet friends, have a casual bite, etc. I miss the Caribbean Store Bar when they closed but happy to see The Local Store move in there and expand the place a little.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    The Local Store used to be located downtown (it was our favorite for a beer break) but they recently moved to the high rise hotel area and are in the old Caribbean Store Bar location (next door to 2 Fools and a Bull.) They expanded their menu to include craft beers and more food (mostly burgers and casual food.) It's just a nice casual little place if you want to relax, meet friends, have a casual bite, etc. I miss the Caribbean Store Bar when they closed but happy to see The Local Store move in there and expand the place a little.
    That nails it perfectly. At the moment I think they are in a dead heat with the Urataka Center for my favorite burger on the island. For me the best part is that its right up the road from our rental.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    That nails it perfectly. At the moment I think they are in a dead heat with the Urataka Center for my favorite burger on the island. For me the best part is that its right up the road from our rental.
    Is it the same road where Wacky Wahoo's, Barney's, Linda's Dutch Pancakes and Bingo's Cafe & Restaurant is located? Have you been to any of those places? I stayed once in that area, next to Wacky Wahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Is it the same road where Wacky Wahoo's, Barney's, Linda's Dutch Pancakes and Bingo's Cafe & Restaurant is located? Have you been to any of those places? I stayed once in that area, next to Wacky Wahoo.
    Yes, been to all of those places many times over the years (was just at Barney's tonight) and yes....same road and almost across the street from Barney's.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Here are some of the pictures I took at the meetup. Ended up doing more yapping than photographing but what I can I say I got caught up in the moment.

BB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-1-14-.jpgBB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-2-14-.jpgBB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-3-14-.jpgBB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-4-14-.jpgBB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-5-14-.jpg

the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Here are more pictures apparently you can only upload 5 at a time
    BB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-6-14-.jpgBB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-8-14-.jpgBB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-9-14-.jpgBB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-10-14-.jpgBB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-11-14-.jpg

Last few pics. As you can see I didn't get everyone that was at the meetup but the great thing about Aruba is there will always be a next time.

BB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-12-14-.jpgBB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-13-14-.jpgBB Parties 8/31 and 9/7 - Amsterdam Manor's beach bar-passions-bar-meetup-14-14-.jpg

first pic: Walt,DW,SIL
    second pic: Mike, Amy
    third pic: Mrs Mazoo 2 and Mazoo 2
    Last edited by burghboy; 09-21-2015 at 09:34 PM.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for sharing all the fun pictures, so many happy faces!

Now, who is who?

And: where are you???

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ok where's Walt? And you Curt and Maggie?

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Last few pics. As you can see I didn't get everyone that was at the meetup but the great thing about Aruba is there will always be a next time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passions Bar Meetup (12 of 14).jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	4315Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passions Bar Meetup (13 of 14).jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	4316Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passions Bar Meetup (14 of 14).jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	95.8 KB