Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Bulletin Board Parties

Bulletin Board Parties

We were at Legends talking last night and the subject of Bulletin Board parties came up. I have talked to several folks who find the meetings at Amsterdam Manor difficult to get to, and that lately there are mostly people from other boards/forums there. So I'm posting this to see if there would be an interest in starting a new bulletin board party meeting at Legends. Their location is easy to get to from the high rise area, although those in the low rise and other areas would have to travel a bit like the high rise folks do now. I asked Scott about this and he is willing to work with us to set up happy hour specials for forum members attending the party. This isn't meant to replace or otherwise offend those that attend the AM party. It's just an idea to maybe have an additional choice for a meeting place and time. So reply with your thoughts and suggestions for days or times or whatever. Or let me know that I'm way off base here, what with trying to break tradition and all that.

That's a great idea! At the few get togethers we attended at AM, people talked about trying another location. Legends seems like it would be a good fit especially where Leslie and Scott are part of this forum.

Aruba since 1979
    it is a brilliant idea!
    has anyone talked about a day or time yet?

plus, after the happy hour, if folks are so inclined.....folks could move on to dinner.
    Liz mentioned to me that the prime rib is the bomb!.

is legends where you will be participating for derby day?

I read your live trip report 1st and hoped this is what you were referring to. Count me in as a 100% YES vote for thinking its a GREAT idea. I am looking forward to the details. I have a vote for days if it matters, lol. Wed would be my vote. I will be honest I picked that date as it will often allow me to spend two of them there, lol- selfish I know.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We were at Legends talking last night and the subject of Bulletin Board parties came up. I have talked to several folks who find the meetings at Amsterdam Manor difficult to get to, and that lately there are mostly people from other boards/forums there. So I'm posting this to see if there would be an interest in starting a new bulletin board party meeting at Legends. Their location is easy to get to from the high rise area, although those in the low rise and other areas would have to travel a bit like the high rise folks do now. I asked Scott about this and he is willing to work with us to set up happy hour specials for forum members attending the party. This isn't meant to replace or otherwise offend those that attend the AM party. It's just an idea to maybe have an additional choice for a meeting place and time. So reply with your thoughts and suggestions for days or times or whatever. Or let me know that I'm way off base here, what with trying to break tradition and all that.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 04-29-2017 at 02:52 PM.

We have attended twice and probably won't go back to the AM location. For us, it just requires planning and effort to get there and we haven't had the best experiences there.

The only downside I could see is the view at Legends. We enjoy happy hour on the beach or with a view. We haven't been to Legends yet, but do plan on stopping by for a football game later this year, and probably one of their band nights.

That was my initial thought before spending anytime there...now its one of my favorite places to hang out and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We have attended twice and probably won't go back to the AM location. For us, it just requires planning and effort to get there and we haven't had the best experiences there.

The only downside I could see is the view at Legends. We enjoy happy hour on the beach or with a view. We haven't been to Legends yet, but do plan on stopping by for a football game later this year, and probably one of their band nights.

We too like to be at the beach for an afternoon happy hour, but we find that as our stays become more and more extended that we really don't feel the need to be on the beach 24/7. Besides, who can pass up a happy hour with friends! Count us in!!!
    Last edited by schexc; 04-30-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    TRIP 14 MARCH 5-28 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMODATES TWO ADULTS. https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k
    RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    it is a brilliant idea!
    has anyone talked about a day or time yet?

plus, after the happy hour, if folks are so inclined.....folks could move on to dinner.
    Liz mentioned to me that the prime rib is the bomb!.

is legends where you will be participating for derby day?
    I need to get back with Scott and determine the final details. Yes we will be watching the Derby at Legends.

Where is Legends???

Legends is right across from the Hyatt. You just walk thru the parking lot and its in the old Ratt Land building. The place is very nice and I am counting the days down to return.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast