Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Bulletin Board Parties

We'll be there from Jan. 7-March 22 and would love to be part of it.

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Le...!4d-70.0431073
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Legends is right across from the Hyatt. You just walk thru the parking lot and its in the old Ratt Land building. The place is very nice and I am counting the days down to return.

Forum friends meeting at a forum member's place for happy hour specials created specially for our forum members - count me in!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

You can always create something new in addition to the one that is currently on Mondays. The first bulletin board party we hosted was in 1999 at the Kokoa (now it's the Bugaloe). After that it was always hard choosing a spot and a date that accommodated everyone's schedule every year so we created the weekly Monday night bulletin board parties in 2004 at Amsterdam Manor's beach bar - we'll be there on May 8 and May 15..............
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    if my memory is correct, when the amsterdam manor bulletin board gathering began, they were held at the AM pool bar.

i look forward to the possibility of legends being added in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    You can always create something new in addition to the one that is currently on Mondays. The first bulletin board party we hosted was in 1999 at the Kokoa (now it's the Bugaloe). After that it was always hard choosing a spot and a date that accommodated everyone's schedule every year so we created the weekly Monday night bulletin board parties in 2004 at Amsterdam Manor's beach bar - we'll be there on May 8 and May 15..............

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    if my memory is correct, when the amsterdam manor bulletin board gathering began, they were held at the AM pool bar.
    Yes, we held them at the pool bar from 2001-2003 until they built the beach bar. But back then they weren't every Monday. We would just gather as many people from the various Aruba bulletin boards who were on the island/wanted to join the party and we'd arrange a bulletin board happy hour followed by a sunset sail with Red Sail. Those were a lot of work but a lot of fun!
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 05-01-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

We think 2 different chances to meet up with forum members would be great. If you cant make AM maybe you can make Legends. Does anyone know if Scott and Leslie are doing the licence plates at Legends too?
    Sean and Susan

There is a group known as the Swamp Monkeys, not sure where they originated, but it's my understanding that the AM is their preferred gathering and depending on the week, they may be the only ones attending.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    There is a group known as the Swamp Monkeys, not sure where they originated, but it's my understanding that the AM is their preferred gathering and depending on the week, they may be the only ones attending.
    They have been on the original Aruba bulletin board/forum for 10+ years (that bulletin board was created around 1997 and is still active.)

There are people who attend who are from Trip Advisor, Aruba-travelguide.com, etc - always fun to meet new people!
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 05-01-2017 at 03:00 PM.

I am one of the so called swamp monkeys and am more active on the Aruba BB, but do lurk here. I do know some of the more active posters here. In fact, I rent from aquaman for many years now. I like going to the AM meetings as there are always people I know. Some of them became my friends. But I am always open to meeting other people and the place doesn't matter as I am not staying on either Palm or Eagle Beach. I might come if it is on another evening and you will accept a swamp monkey.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast