Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January 15-25 2011 let's get together

Smile January 15-25 2011 let's get together

I'm treating my mom to a 10 day trip to the happy island...staying at the Radisson for the first time...anybody else going during that time? Let's meet up. It's my 11th trip and probably her 6th...our second together! Last winter I was sitting at Bugaloe bar one afternoon with my soon-to-be-sis-in-law, and we met a couple that my parents partied with there 30 years ago! Not kidding!!!! Amazingly friendly place, and can't wait. Mom is 70-something going on 50 and I'm 48 going on, oh-30? Ha-ha!
    Last edited by Kendra; 12-11-2010 at 07:00 PM. Reason: add more

Palm Beach Plaza, Ruinas del Mar Restaurant, Pata Pata Pool Bar at La Cabana, My Cozy Home, and so much more!
    Hi there Kendra,

Awesome, would be great to meet you and your mommy while you both are here on the island.
    For the Best Babysitting on the Island.
    http://tbcaruba.com
    Looking to Buy, Rent, Sell a House, Land? Need Property Managment on Aruba?
    http://realestateinaruba.com

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Good morning Kendra,

We will be in Aruba from Jan.14 to Jan.24, 2011, and we'll be staying at The Mill.

I've been going to Aruba, on and off, since 1980. For the last 7 trips or so, we've been going during the same 10 day period.

Whereabouts do you live, and what routing do you use to get to Aruba? We live in Winnipeg, Canada. Our routing is:

Winnipeg to Chicago on United

Chicago to Miami on American

Miami to Aruba on American

It's a full day's travel, but once we're there, it's worth it.

Do you go to the bulletin board parties, held on Mondays around 5:00pm at the Amsterdam Manor beach bar? We went last year and enjoyed the friendships we made. We're looking forward to seeing everyone again. Hopefully you'll be there.

Are you and your mum shoppers, by any chance? My wife firmly believes that there is no such thing as too many handbags.

Anyway Kendra, it would be lovely to get together with you and your mum.

Regards,

Glenn

Everywhere! Love to just drive around and explore.
    I agree with Glenn. We go to as many BB parties as possible while we are there. We will be on the island from January 3rd to January 31st. Would love to make some more new friends. We met Glenn last year for the first time. It's fun to put faces to the names on the BB's. Hope to see you in Aruba. Laraine & Ken

Sounds great! Maybe Bugaloe is good spot to meet?

Sorry, All, for the delay in replying!

Would love to meet each of you. We are flying from DTW to AUA and we're going through Atlanta for this trip, Jan. 15-25. I typically fly through Charlotte or Miami, but we're flying Delta through Atlanta this time.

We're staying at the Radisson. I really like Bugaloe on DePalm Pier...and you'll love this story: Last February I was there w/ my soon-to-be sister-in-law and another girlfriend I've known since 7th grade on a girls' trip week...we were at Bugaloe and I went to the restroom. I returned to hear the amazing story of how the couple sitting next to us MET MY PARENTS 30 YEARS AGO AT THE DIVI!!! How did my brother's girlfriend figure that out? They started talking about where each was from, and when the wife of the couple heard where in Michigan we were from, she said she remembered meeting a fun attorney and his wife from that same city, and then went onto say that the wife had taught her how to play Craps and BlackJack...well, one thing led to another and wham! Names were exchanged and figured out and I just was floored.

We'll be there for a nice long stretch, and can't wait to see who else we meet!

Shopping is ok, but I really would prefer an experience than another purse... My dad was born in Canada-Arthur, Ontario...and he has a sister in Waterloo, brother in Hastings, and another brother in London. I agree the journey-long day is very, very worth it!

How about Bugaloe on Sunday or Monday for a drink?

Tardy reply

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good morning Kendra,

We will be in Aruba from Jan.14 to Jan.24, 2011, and we'll be staying at The Mill.

I've been going to Aruba, on and off, since 1980. For the last 7 trips or so, we've been going during the same 10 day period.

Whereabouts do you live, and what routing do you use to get to Aruba? We live in Winnipeg, Canada. Our routing is:

Winnipeg to Chicago on United

Chicago to Miami on American

Miami to Aruba on American

It's a full day's travel, but once we're there, it's worth it.

Do you go to the bulletin board parties, held on Mondays around 5:00pm at the Amsterdam Manor beach bar? We went last year and enjoyed the friendships we made. We're looking forward to seeing everyone again. Hopefully you'll be there.

Are you and your mum shoppers, by any chance? My wife firmly believes that there is no such thing as too many handbags.

Anyway Kendra, it would be lovely to get together with you and your mum.

Regards,

Glenn
    Ok...let's do it. We're staying at the Radisson. Monday should work around 5.

a whole month...you're my idol!

Quote Originally Posted by carlysgram View Post
    I agree with Glenn. We go to as many BB parties as possible while we are there. We will be on the island from January 3rd to January 31st. Would love to make some more new friends. We met Glenn last year for the first time. It's fun to put faces to the names on the BB's. Hope to see you in Aruba. Laraine & Ken
    WoW! A whole month! I'm headed toward that goal! This is my 10 day trip, and I'd love to shoot for a whole month soon. Sure. We'll go to the BB party on that Monday, Jan. 17th. If we miss you there, we'll be at the Bugaloe on Saturday and Sunday for sunset...on DePalm Pier...
    Staying at the Radisson for our first time...hope it will be wonderful!
    See you soon!

from Kendra

Quote Originally Posted by Navidad View Post
    Hi there Kendra,

Awesome, would be great to meet you and your mommy while you both are here on the island.
    So sorry for the tardy reply...been nutty busy!
    Ruinas Del Mar...we love that restaurant!
    We're definitely going there for dinner one night.
    When don't you work and we could maybe meet at Bungaloe?

I'll be there from the 10th-23rd! I would love to meet up with anyone! I usually hang out at Moomba beach during the day while I'm there. It's real fun on Sunday nights.

we have a group going jan 15 to 24
    let us know what is up ? we will be looking for things to do ? we have a group of canadains for a week
    where is BB party and i will bring a group with me
    basspro !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast