Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: November 1st to November 22nd

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    Lisa, where are you that you have a fall break in Sept????
    We live about an hour north of Atlanta. The school system where dh teaches special ed and dd is a middle school student is on a modified "extended school year". Dd had off for 9 weeks and returned to school August 3. Fall break is the third week in September and falls about half way between the beginning of the school year and the week off for Thanksgiving break.

I am attaching a copy of an article which explains the theory behind it. Parents love it or hate it. Dh as a teacher loves having more frequent breaks from the kids. The stretch from beginning of January until spring break with no days off was always a real nail biter. All in all it is being done because of "No Child Left Behind".

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Lutzker View Post
    Lisa,

Although we have not purchased our airfare yet, our timeshare weeks this year begin Saturday, November 7th until Saturday, November 21st. I definitely want to meet you. Please send me a PM to let me know where you will be staying. We will be staying at Casa del Mar. Hope you are having a great summer.

Karen
    Sorry Karen, I began the thread for all those who I knew were going to be there in November, but we will have to wait until Christmas. I would have loved to have met up with you and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    We live about an hour north of Atlanta. The school system where dh teaches special ed and dd is a middle school student is on a modified "extended school year". Dd had off for 9 weeks and returned to school August 3. Fall break is the third week in September and falls about half way between the beginning of the school year and the week off for Thanksgiving break.

I am attaching a copy of an article which explains the theory behind it. Parents love it or hate it. Dh as a teacher loves having more frequent breaks from the kids. The stretch from beginning of January until spring break with no days off was always a real nail biter. All in all it is being done because of "No Child Left Behind".

Sorry Karen, I began the thread for all those who I knew were going to be there in November, but we will have to wait until Christmas. I would have loved to have met up with you and everyone else.
    ah, no fair...we need all the forum members we can gather for one big happy island party...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    ah, no fair...we need all the forum members we can gather for one big happy island party...
    I see you need a dive buddy?

I see you need a dive buddy?

yes, why yes I do....interested ????
    Dh and I are taking more than our usual 2 so I have room in one for you and room in another for andrea...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    yes, why yes I do....interested ????...
    Boy, wish we could afford it ...

Boy, wish we could afford it ...
    Come on....make it an early Christmas gift to the family. Lots of us will be there and we would all love to meet Lisa dd and dh.

My girls are "skipping school" to go.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Come on....make it an early Christmas gift to the family. Lots of us will be there and we would all love to meet Lisa dd and dh.
    LOL, dh only gets 3 personal days and our Christmas present to one another is flying non stop to Aruba rather than connecting through IAD AND staying an extra two nights in Aruba after the family leaves after Christmas.

Planning a get together for drinks at the Renaissance Marina Tower Blue Bar. Sunday evening November 8th at 5:30. Blue Bar is adjacent to second floor lobby and pool and oversees LG Smith Boulevard, Don Carlos restaurant and the Marina.

FYI.....sunset is at 6:12.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    most of us will be there only in thought

u will have a blast i am sure

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    most of us will be there only in thought
    u will have a blast i am sure
    YES, we will be there is spirit!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast