Aruba Beach
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By ArubaAce
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By Sashamcg

Thread: Thanksgiving In Aruba!

Thanksgiving In Aruba!

Who else will be in Aruba over Thanksgiving??? We will be there from November 18th through the 28th staying at Manchebo. This will be our 14th trip. Would love to meet up with others on here!

We'll be there. Arriving November 22nd and staying at the Bucuti for the first half of vacation. We then move downtown to the Renaissance We really enjoy being in Aruba over Thanksgiving.

I have airfare for Nov 19th to Nov 26th but no confirmed resort. Waiting for something to open up for my dates to exchange with Interval. So far CPV is the only resort available that I'm trying to avoid because its away from the beach and I don't want to depend on a limit shuttle bus to the beach. I would like to stay in the Eagle Beach area and meet up with people as well. I was thinking about getting a group together at Terrazza Italiana for their sunset happy hour 530 to 630. They have a nice deck with a large round bar. Plenty of space and no noise so that people can hear each other and interact.

Sadly, I will not be in Aruba this Thanksgiving, but, I just had to comment on your avatar - how sweet are those puppies??
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks Jacki! Those are my babies...the one thing we really miss when I'm in Aurba! Wish we could bring them with us.

arubamark and family will be there in full force!! November 18-25 at the Ren. Eating well and damaging my liver and skin.

On the Thanksgiving note.....Does you prefer to eat your traditional turkey on the island? If so where do you go? Back years ago the Ren had a really nice setup outside where they would really have a nice Thanksgiving meal. Unfortunately they did away with that along with a lot of other cool stuff they had going on there. Me myslef am not a big turkey fan, Ill have a bite just to say i had it but the last few years I have had rock lobster tails if I am in aruba. mmmmmm

We were there for Thanksgiving last year and had grouper and ceviche. We did the traditional meal at home the weekend before. We love fresh seafood whIle in Aruba.

Last year I emailed Quinta del Carmen a few weeks ahead and asked if they would have turkey on the menu. They added it as one of their specials! Amadeus (now closed) was wonderful for Thanksgiving. They had the most phenomenal Dutch apple pie. While turkey isn't mandatory for us, some sort of apple dessert is. Fortunately, there's plenty of apple strudel in Aruba! This year I plan to have the traditional turkey at home before we head for Aruba but we still want to go somewhere nice for the holiday.

We have been going to Aruba for Thanksgiving now for 14 years. I LOVE seafood and don't get much of it here in Indiana so when I am in Aruba I eat it everyday! I can have turkey any day here! This year we decided to go to MJ's for Thanksgiving dinner. We went there several years ago on Thanksgiving and they had a "traditional" meal that my husband had and he liked it. Me, I had seafood of course! LOL We stay at Manchebo and they do a buffet but again, I can have that when I get home! Can't wait to get there on the 18th!