Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Thanksgiving and the Week after

What kind of camera did you get? I'm in the market for a new one.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    Sooooo, I'm assuming no black Friday escapades for any of you going just prior to or on Thanksgiving; LOL.
    No Black Friday excitement, however, CYBER MONDAY excitement the last 2 years, Divi has had a 50% sale. I have my fingers crossed they will do so again this year, if so I will be on my laptop early Monday morning booking my next trip while I am in Aruba!

As far as turkey dinner goes, we always have a nice turkey dinner with all the fixings the day we arrive, Thanksgiving Day, and boy oh boy after a long day it sure does taste good. I can almost taste it now

I've heard about the 50% cyber Monday sale, but am skeptical. Whenever I've seen advertised deals like that, it seems like they raise the prices and the 50% isn't such a deal. Are there restrictions? Specific time periods? I'm going to get on now and check the regular rate in order to know if the 50% is a deal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    No Black Friday excitement, however, CYBER MONDAY excitement the last 2 years, Divi has had a 50% sale. I have my fingers crossed they will do so again this year, if so I will be on my laptop early Monday morning booking my next trip while I am in Aruba!

As far as turkey dinner goes, we always have a nice turkey dinner with all the fixings the day we arrive, Thanksgiving Day, and boy oh boy after a long day it sure does taste good. I can almost taste it now

Aruba since 1979
    i have followed this cyber monday deal now, for 3 years.
    it is the real thing.
    it is 50% off their regular rate.

occasionally i get an email blast them with a 20% off deal.
    the 50% is really good!
    we are considering it for next november.
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    I've heard about the 50% cyber Monday sale, but am skeptical. Whenever I've seen advertised deals like that, it seems like they raise the prices and the 50% isn't such a deal. Are there restrictions? Specific time periods? I'm going to get on now and check the regular rate in order to know if the 50% is a deal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    What kind of camera did you get? I'm in the market for a new one.
    We went with a Nikon Coolpix, not sure the exact model. I was considering the Olympus TG4 and really don't think we would have gone wrong either way. Aruba Bob Snorkeling guide Stewart told me they were using the Olympus TG3 and those pictures were amazing. Reviews for both were similar. For us it came down to a BJ'S club rebate and rewards credit card that give us an additional percentage back. We've been looking for a waterproof camera for about a year now because we will use it at home on the boat too, so we wanted something durable.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We are having our traditional Thanksgiving meal the weekend before we leave for the trip, so probably no turkey in Aruba for us. It works out for our family since we have some retail workers who just won't get a break for the holidays.

We have done the Cyber deal from the Divi the last few years and it's a good deal. For comparison, last year we stayed at the Divi for week and then moved to the Radisson for a few nights. The Divi with an ocean view room in the Veranda Building was $331 a night AI, the Radisson was $434 for an ocean view room, no meals included. We paid a much higher rate for our May trip. The thing about the Divi is they offer 20% off on a regular basis so you won't normally pay the rack rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We have done the Cyber deal from the Divi the last few years and it's a good deal. For comparison, last year we stayed at the Divi for week and then moved to the Radisson for a few nights. The Divi with an ocean view room in the Veranda Building was $331 a night AI, the Radisson was $434 for an ocean view room, no meals included. We paid a much higher rate for our May trip. The thing about the Divi is they offer 20% off on a regular basis so you won't normally pay the rack rate.
    That's a great price for AI!

Thanks for the camera info. I will be in the market for a new one soon.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Baby Beach Nov 28th party with DJs

I saw this today and just wanted to make others aware in case this is something they want to attend or avoid. There is an I (heart) Baby Beach brand launch party happening from 3pm to midnight. That may bring a crowd and will include dj music that not everyone loves.
    I'm trying to get more information before decoding if we will check it out.
    Here is a link to the advertisement I saw.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M8p-yIy...e_gdata_player

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast