Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Thanksgiving and the Week after

Stretchy pants will definitely be in order. I've been making Tom crazy with the restaurant list. More restaurants than days. Plus as he says we're staying at an AI for the majority if the trip! So I tell him the list is so we'll have choices we don't necessarily have to hit everyone. In truth I figure we'll hit as many as possible.

There are a few places that I really want to try while we have a car, but really how many places can we eat in one day??? That list of maybes includes Pam Pam, Tia Rosa food truck, Arubaville, Red Fish, Waka Waka, Zeerovers.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

As in previous trips I will once again be on the watch for the djucu nut. Since we'll be spending more time downtown I figure I'll have more time to poke in the shops. Here's what they look like. If anyone should happen to see one please post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thanksgiving and the Week after-image.jpg  

In an unexpected turn of events, my dad and his wife just booked a cruise that will be in Aruba during one of the days of our trip. It will be fun to show them around. It's a nice stop too, they will be in port from 9am to 11pm.

Tracey, what a nice surprise. They get the benefit of having a tour guide and you get to show off your favorite spots!

That's great Tracey! Hope it's an awesome visit with them
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    that is terrific.
    i saw your other post about Bugaloe and that will be a fun event for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    In an unexpected turn of events, my dad and his wife just booked a cruise that will be in Aruba during one of the days of our trip. It will be fun to show them around. It's a nice stop too, they will be in port from 9am to 11pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    That's great Tracey! Hope it's an awesome visit with them
    They just booked last night....talk about last minute. We had been trying to get them to book a room at Playa Linda which got them in vacaton mode. They found out their friends were on this cruise and it was a perfect compromise.
    This shuffles our plans a little since we had planned on renting a jeep this day. They aren't into snorkeling or site seeing, so it will be more of a beach and bar crawl kind of day. It also gives us flexibility to just meet on the beach whenever they make their way to us. The Bloody Mary bar at Scott's Brats sounds like a perfect rendezvous point!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that is terrific.
    i saw your other post about Bugaloe and that will be a fun event for all.
    I just hope they love it as much as we do! One day makes it hard to decide the best way to show off "our" island. Due to some medical issues, site seeing and off roading won't be on the agenda so hopefully they will enjoy a beach and bar day. Knowing them, they will. Let's just say the apple didn't fall very far from that tree.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    As in previous trips I will once again be on the watch for the djucu nut. Since we'll be spending more time downtown I figure I'll have more time to poke in the shops. Here's what they look like. If anyone should happen to see one please post.
    Hope you find this soon Peg, when you do it will be like winning a lottery!!! I hope it is fun searching for it.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast