Aruba Beach

Thread: Who else is headed to San Nicolas tonight for weekly Carnival festival???

Who else is headed to San Nicolas tonight for weekly Carnival festival???

Getting ready to head to San Nicolas for tonight's weekly Carnival street festival. Will be stopping at Charlie's first to get some whole shrimp appetizers and since the festival doesn't start until tonight......may be swinging over to Big Momma's to kill some time.

Nice. Have fun and be sure to post photos when you get back!

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.
    We sure hope you had a great time down in St. Nich. We love that end of the island. Maybe you even had time to stop by the Esso Rum shop for the coldest beer in Aruba. We can't wait to get back to the island Oct. 7th.

We have always made San Nicolas part of our schedule. I must admit over the years, it is nice to see more action in that part of the island. I know the night scene can be intimidating, but as long as you use common sense, you should be OK. Also, it is great that ATA (Aruaba Tourism Authority) has taken a more active role. Yes, Esso Rum is a must stop. And of course, for those who go during the day and swing by Baby Beach.....Big Momma's is a must and Baby Beach Snack also offers a nice alternative.

Pics from last night's carnival festival

One other note (from my conversation with Cornelius at Charlie's)..........
    1. Even though Valero is history there is hope the refinery will be demolished and a better option presented (I believe the national election is Sept./Oct.???)
    2. There are still some seedy-looking places, but if you keep in perspective....
    a. Prostitution is legal - but ONLY in San Nicolas, as it is government regulated.
    b. There appears to be more businesses open.
    c. The Joe Laviest stadium is also going through a renovation.
    Last edited by sunscreen; 05-31-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling