Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By charles

Thread: Papis' Dream

Papis' Dream

I have walked these sands before. They are not as clean as they used to be but then not much is. There is a small dinghy floating among others - all with the names of ladies or watery adventure.

Maria - Joan is the dream - Wave Runner - My Gal - Storm floater

And so on and so on and so on.

They are made of wood and weighted by lead and should not be floating - But they are.

I see one special little one floating to the side and being silent. The name on the side is Sonio di Papi - Papis Dream. The wood came from Surinam and was deep colors of a blood like red and there she sat. Splendor did not surround her then in my young years. She was a craft that floated on the water and held boys afloat in the river as they looked at Mullet fish and other slow swimmers.

She was my dream and was sold to another boy when I moved to live in America. He kept My Dream in his yard and has since given My dream to his son. My dream was once again sold to an older man who uses it now to catch fish with. And there it was, all of My dreams floating in water and waiting for the new dream tender.

I thought about the days when I owned Papis Dreams and how I grew to be my own dream maker. True - I was smaller then and wood from Surinam (that had the color of blood red) was far and few between. It was different then, at least to me. I watched my many dreams afloat on blue waters and walked on from that place. I was thinking that I have walked these sands before and it occurs to me that they are not as clean as they used to be but then not much is. As I move on, behind me there is a small dinghy floating among others - all with the names of ladies or watery adventure and one of them was my dream

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Thanks, again, Charles. We all have "My dream," and are fortunate that you share so many of your boyhood/adult adventures with us. We are privileged.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Edronenburg View Post
    Thanks, again, Charles. We all have "My dream," and are fortunate that you share so many of your boyhood/adult adventures with us. We are privileged.

Ed
    Ed, you are most welcome and a pleasure to write for and to share with. How are you doing friend?
    be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles