Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What To Do When Lost On Aruba?

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Great advice, Charles.

What I do when being lost on the island: look for the trees. As the wind always blows from the north side and the trees are pointing in the direction where the ocean side with the hotels is.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribbean-tattler View Post
    While Aruba is relatively small, people get lost here all the time, including locals by the way. I used to carry little maps and all sort of stuff to get me back on track and then it dawned on me that it is really pretty simple to get back on track.

If you are on the populated (Southern) coastline and can't figure out which way is the hotel zone just point the car to the ocean and drive to the right. That will get you back. If you are on the north coast and cant figure it out then just drive until you hit a road that goes to the inland and take it. Once inland then look for our only large mountain - Hooi-Berg' - drive towards it and look for main roads. They HAVE TO BE THERE since the cross both sides of the Hooi-Berg. This area of the island is higher and you will be able to see the hotels from here. Just point yourself in their direction and go go go .

However, I recommend staying lost. It is a delightful experience.

be well
    charles

Charles,
    we have been going to aruba for about 13 years now and the first 2 years got lost all the time, however, we were usually trying to find things/places that we found the year before and never seemed to be able to find them.
    Those are some of our best memories of the island....laughing about being parched and finding a little local bar, stopping and eating and drinking for awhile and then going out and getting lost again....the arubans are such a welcoming group of people and that is how I fell in love with it and them....never worried about getting lost and having a problem with the locals....we were and are always welcomed with open arms.....
    each year, even though I actually know my way around, or at least how to get to all the major towns and sites, we just drive and end up where we end up....those are still the best part of our yearly vacations to the island....this past year we ended up somewhere....and stopped to have a beer, ended up eating pestachi (YUM) and then the bartender brought out some local musical instruments, put some music on and we all danced and laughed for hours....that is why I LOVE YOUR ISLAND !!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thanks Charles. I always delight in bringing up some history of "The Rock" as we called Aruba when we lived in The Colony.

Getting lost in Aruba is a treat in itself. Who would venture or even know some of the places where we have been lost? So it is an adventure for everyone to enjoy part of the island you probably would never have visited; I know I do and I was born and raised in Aruba. So everyone who has gotten lost in Aruba, enjoy it. Take in everything you see, because you may not find it again. I return on June 11 for three glorious weeks at Playa Linda, along with children, grandchildren and friends. And yes, some of them have gotten lost with me. So I will again venture back to the gold mines, fallen natural bridge, Ayo, Casibari, Boca Prins, Boca Brandi, Colorado Point, The Colony Seroe Colorado), snorkeling at Baby Beach and finally ending up below Colorado Point enjoying the waves as they spray us with salt water. Does not get any better.
    Dolores

Charles, I forgot to tell you how much I enjoy your stories and hope that you will continue posting them for everyone to enjoy.
    Doloes

Thank you for the lovely compliment. I will continue to write up until someone sends me Death Threats. I like doing it and (in general) the readers are kind to me regarding my grammar and spelling. Good match.

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Great and heartwarming stories! Thanks Everyone.

23 days of being lost hahaha. I cant wait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12