Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SanNic44

Thread: Airport to Hotels Video

Airport to Hotels Video

Here's a little video taking you from the airport to the hotels. Instead of going through the harbour/downtown area, the route goes inland through the other side of Oranjestaad.

Maybe helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi-O4eI6CTo

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Aruba since 1979
    dan i am copying this and also posting it in "getting around aruba" category.
    thx!

I have always said there has to be a better way to get to the hotel area without going through downtown. On our last visit, our taxi driver tried to skirt the traffic near the marina by simply cutting up the street by the big I LOVE ARUBA sign near parliament office. All he did was get into traffic on the other side of the Renaissance and we were at a dead stop trying to merge near the trolley line. We will suggest this route to our driver on our next visit. Hopefully, that will be next April.

When we were down in February of this year, there were road closures on LG Smith as a run up to Carnival on the weekend we arrived and also on the weekend we had to return to the airport so we decided to shoot out east from the airport and go back routes to Noord (we were headed to Safir up near Tierra Del Sol). It was A LOT faster and I think we tacked less than ten minutes on to the drive to get up there. We normally follow LG Smith through the city all the way up to the Ritz Carlton toward Malmok. I still think we'll go the back route in the future. There's nothing worse than being stuck in traffic!

Was that on July 29?

Thanks for the post! Shows how to get to the hotels!
    Last edited by __steve__; 08-14-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Thanks Dan,
    Always enjoy your posts !!!
    Will be helpful in November.....at least until we decide to stop somewhere for a cold Balashi and then never get to the hotel !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME