• 2 Post By Aruba4ever
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By hmitchell_travelplanner
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 5 Post By WaltVB
  • 3 Post By Jacki

Thread: Best spots for Sunrise pics

Best spots for Sunrise pics

Hello everyone! Let me start off by saying I love looking at all the photos posted on this site, they are all amazing! I'm hoping to add to them once we go on our trip to AUA.
    I'm an amateur photographer, and while I have a few ideas on where I would like to shoot, I would love your opinions on best spots to shoot the sunrise (so cliche, I know). I was thinking near the California Lighthouse for great shots over the island, but has anyone gone to Seroe Colorado at sunrise? Is it worth the drive from the high rise area? Any photo spots you can recommend would be greatly appreciated!

Aruba since 1979
    yes to Seroe Colorado for some wonderful sunrise shots!
    yes to Alto Vista Chapel for awesome sunrise photos as well.

we have done both.

Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    Hello everyone! Let me start off by saying I love looking at all the photos posted on this site, they are all amazing! I'm hoping to add to them once we go on our trip to AUA.
    I'm an amateur photographer, and while I have a few ideas on where I would like to shoot, I would love your opinions on best spots to shoot the sunrise (so cliche, I know). I was thinking near the California Lighthouse for great shots over the island, but has anyone gone to Seroe Colorado at sunrise? Is it worth the drive from the high rise area? Any photo spots you can recommend would be greatly appreciated!

The best photos we ever snapped were sitting on the bar stools at the Sandbar at the Bucuti and Tara... the light was perfect and the view was clear. Also, "shots" worked on many levels.

Oops... just realized you were looking for sunRISE spots... my suggestion wouldn't work... because cocktails in the morning would be wrong... so wrong... well, somewhat wrong... okay, is there orange juice as an ingredient? I stand by my suggestion.
    Last edited by act1966; 07-25-2017 at 12:08 PM.

I am sorry I can't help. I pride myself on being awake till almost sunrise and never awake at sunrise but I would love to see what it looks like- post away

Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post

Aruba since 1979
    you are usually coming in from poker and black jack at sunrise. you should take a few photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am sorry I can't help. I pride myself on being awake till almost sunrise and never awake at sunrise but I would love to see what it looks like- post away

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    The best photos we ever snapped were sitting on the bar stools at the Sandbar at the Bucuti and Tara... the light was perfect and the view was clear. Also, "shots" worked on many levels.

Oops... just realized you were looking for sunRISE spots... my suggestion wouldn't work... because cocktails in the morning would be wrong... so wrong... well, somewhat wrong... okay, is there orange juice as an ingredient? I stand by my suggestion.
    Taking shots from a bar stool is definitely on my to do list... just don't know how well I'd manage the camera, lol! I may be drinking screwdrivers with breakfast while there, so I'll go ahead and be "wrong" with you!

I definitely want to watch from the southern end of the island one of these days. I've heard the red anchor is a good spot. We had an overcast morning at the lighthouse once for sunrise and it was peaceful with nice views.
    Best spots for Sunrise pics-fb_img_1501000960530.jpg
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 07-25-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post

I'd like to take a moment and point out that drinking alcohol in the morning makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic. Aaarrghhh matey!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I'd like to take a moment and point out that drinking alcohol in the morning makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic. Aaarrghhh matey!
    And a "Jolly" one at that!

Alto Vista is a beautiful area for pictures during the day, I'm sure it must be amazing at sunrise!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I definitely want to watch from the southern end of the island one of these days. I've heard the red anchor is a good spot. We had an overcast morning at the lighthouse once for sunrise and it was peaceful with nice views.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1501000960530.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	6123
    I was thinking there, Colorado Point, or Bachelors Beach. It's been too long since I've been "home" and want to capture some great pics