Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Boca Ketu, his and hers beaches.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar

Boca Ketu, his and hers beaches.

This is Boca Ketu. Here is how to get there, it's in the Arikok National Park, head to Conchi/Natural Pool, when you get to Conchi go left/north 1/4-1/2 miles, the terrain is very rough and make sure you go back that way or you'll be taking horse trails with up to 45 degree climbs and big ruts. A jeep, 4x4, dirt bike or horse is required to get there and back. The beach is beautiful with sugar sand and deserted, if you can make it expect to have it to yourselves. Enjoy!
    Boca Ketu, his and hers beaches.-img_4247.jpg

Boca Ketu, his and hers beaches.-img_4235.jpg

Boca Ketu, his and hers beaches.-img_4234.jpg

Boca Ketu, his and hers beaches.-img_4316.jpg

Boca Ketu, his and hers beaches.-img_4332.jpg

I have not been to BK yet.

How's the water? It looks like this summer the water temperature might be back to the more comfortable range, but anything can change. I just remember 2014 being cool, and last summer even colder, like under 80ᵒF

Aruba since 1979
    great photos.
    i have never been to boca ketu

Hey Steve, the water was warm and now that I think about it warmer than last May, there were areas where it was cold and ten feet over it was warm again. When we get to Conchi we just dive in and the initial shock lasts about a second, the we watch the other people trying to scale down those slippery rocks.

I don't know your arrangements but you really should try to get the Boss, night and day difference between all the other rental jeeps, you have to climb to get in it, terrible for on road but great off road. http://www.more4less-aruba.com/ , just don't break it, we have it in October.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__ View Post
    I have not been to BK yet.

How's the water? It looks like this summer the water temperature might be back to the more comfortable range, but anything can change. I just remember 2014 being cool, and last summer even colder, like under 80ᵒF

I did not see the Boss listed on their site. Do you recall the daily cost?

No it's not listed, it is a 2011 Jeep Wrangler 4 door hard top. They charge $125 a day, $300 for 3 and $525 for the week. You might be able to negotiate the week down to $500 also 3.5% tax and $1.00 extra per day Gov rental tax. They do have a US number but we mainly communicate through email (allow 3 or 4 days). Here's my contact and also know that there is only one Boss and someone else may have a hold on it. Good luck, it truly is the ultimate jeep, we also bring our iPod and a 3.5mm male to male aux audio cable, great tunes (no Bluetooth),CD player too.

Gregory Jansen
    www.more4less-aruba.com
    more4less@setarnet.aw
    00297-588-7255

The Boss
    Boca Ketu, his and hers beaches.-boss.jpg

Thanks Andrea, maybe someday!? I'm glad we can share this with others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    great photos.
    i have never been to boca ketu

I'll ask the boss about "the boss"

There's one spot that crosses Andicuri to Diamari that I was afraid to cross in the other jeeps we've had. But the crossing was essential to make it to the southern shores. The boss could save us much time.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Great photos! Great adventure! Thanks for sharing!

I never have been to Boca Ketu neither. Was just trying to look it up on Google Earth but it would not show. However, the Natural Pool will show up with the small dirt road leading to it. A bit to the left/north is a "twin boca", I guess that's it.

On Google Earth Map, not too many roads show up. But switching to Satellite image, all the small dirt roads can be seen!

One question: do you know to happen if there is cell phone reception in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Great photos! Great adventure! Thanks for sharing!

I never have been to Boca Ketu neither. Was just trying to look it up on Google Earth but it would not show. However, the Natural Pool will show up with the small dirt road leading to it. A bit to the left/north is a "twin boca", I guess that's it.

On Google Earth Map, not too many roads show up. But switching to Satellite image, all the small dirt roads can be seen!

One question: do you know to happen if there is cell phone reception in that area?
    Don't know about cell phone reception but BK might be the twin boca you mentioned,
    12.527041, -69.934272
    , about 600m up the coastline from Conchi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast