Aruba Beach

Thread: Good waterproof camera for our Aruba pictures?

Good waterproof camera for our Aruba pictures?

Hello, Looking in to what cameras everyone is using for pictures on the island. I have a good camera, but I don't want to bring it because it's a lot with all the lenses etc, and I have a gopro, but it's the original one with no lcd screen. So what waterproof cameras are people using that wont break the bank, but will produce good decent pictures and videos?M

Aruba since 1979
    my friend and neighbor forum member phyllist, has an olympus tough that she loves
    http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/digi...ras/tough.html

she has used it numerous times snorkeling in aruba

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    we use a gopro.

Aruba Bob Snorkeling was using the Olympus TG3 a couple years ago, and those pictures were AWESOME! We had a Nikon COOLPIX AW130 16MP that took pretty good pictures, but it felt a little bulky. We forgot to seal the battery compartment on our last trip so we will be looking for a new one soon too. I think I'm going with the Olympus. The Nikon pictures were good too, we bought that one because we got a good deal at BJs Wholesale Club. I've attached one of the few pictures we took with it before we destroyed it.

Good waterproof camera for our Aruba pictures?-nikon-pic.jpg
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

I have the Olympus TG3 and just love it. We got ours at Best Buy with the extended warranty and when I forgot to seal the battery compartment they replaced it for free. Price wasn't bad either

Some of them are a little more then I was thinking of spending.. I'll have to check out costco to see if they have anything.

I have an fuji xp that is good for 33 feet and use it to snorkel all the time when we go to aruba. bought it on amazon and have never had an issue. pix are great and it the easiest to use of all my cameras...even my good dive camera is not as easy to use.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I have the Nikon coolpix AW130 and am very happy with it. One of my favorite features is the wifi - it loads the pics to my phone wirelessly.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ