Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Jolly Pirates - Promo video

Quote Originally Posted by jplayer View Post
    we worked with the Jolly Pirates to make them a quick promo while we were on the island..
    Here is what we came up with.

LINK TO VIDEO
    Great video for Jolly Pirate. Maybe a few too many rope swing people but still great.
    Did you have a drone with you??

ALso great job on the All Around Aruba 2015. You show a part of Aruba that 75% of the visitors never get to see.
    Same question . Did you have a drone that you used.

Aruba since 1979
    Yes, jplayer used a drone. the drone's name was "jermone" and he met an untimely death in the caribbean sea during jplayer's family vacation.

it is my understanding that jplayer is a professional.

he has a backup drone to replace the deceased.

i am with the opinion that jerome committed suicide.

Drone down!!!
    check out the above thread

QUOTE=cmed2c2;278291]Great video for Jolly Pirate. Maybe a few too many rope swing people but still great.
    Did you have a drone with you??

ALso great job on the All Around Aruba 2015. You show a part of Aruba that 75% of the visitors never get to see.
    Same question . Did you have a drone that you used.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-29-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i am with the opinion that jerome committed suicide.
    Andrea... too incredibly funny... BUT, I actually agree with you! :-)

cmed2c2,
    Without reiterating to much that has already been stated in other threads.
    Yes, we (my wife and I) are a professional video company.
    We(I) have extensive experience with drones and their operation and we were willing to take the (extreme) risk of flying in Aruba. While yes, we did lose a drone this past trip, it wasn't from operator error (did not full on crash) but I believe was a battery malfunction over open water causing the drone to enter into an auto-descend mode which unfortunately plopped it into the ocean. See the thread that Andrea linked to for more details.
    As Andrea mentioned we had a secondary drone with us so the loss didn't damper our ability to capture additional content.

We love the rough side and are happy to share what we capture there. IMO if someone doesn't take a tour, rent a jeep, etc. and get to the other side even if for just a half a day they are crazy. That mixture of rugged terrain and beautiful water is magical. We've brought (new) people to the island with us on two of our visits and I've yet to take someone to that side where they were not absolutely astonished!!

Thanks for your comments,
    Jamie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12