Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pics from last night's carnival festival

Pics from last night's carnival festival

Here are just a few pics from last night's carnival festival in San Nicolas. Now in its third year, the weekly event is co-sponsored by the Aruba Tourism Association and held on Thursday from 5pm to 10pm. The turnout was larger than we had anticipated, which was comfortable while not unbearable. There was plenty of visible security and police presence, plenty of parking, DePalm tours has a bus package..........lots of food and drink, and basically a well organized street festival.

Pics from last night's carnival festival-img_3445.jpgPics from last night's carnival festival-img_3438.jpgPics from last night's carnival festival-img_3440.jpgPics from last night's carnival festival-img_3432.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics from last night's carnival festival-img_3430.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for sharing!

Great photos and info. I didn't realize that DePalm did a bus package. That's something I need to look into it. How was Charlie's Bar. We're you able to get in?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.depalmtours.com/contact-us/
    contact depalm for info re: any of their tours

Charlie's had a very nice crowd. We had visited earlier in the day and had lunch, as well as chatting with Cornelius and Mayor Charlie. Yes, DePalm is smart as that is what makes the trip so do-able especially for those in the low-rise/high-rise area who don't have transportation, don't know their way around San Nicolas, or otherwise don't mind going as a group. I did notice (and I guess it's part of the package), riders were given party favors and opportunity to second-line with dancers/musicians.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pics from last night's carnival festival-img_3415.jpg   Pics from last night's carnival festival-img_3417.jpg  

I searched all over the DePalm site and couldn't find any mention of a bus package for this event. I have requested more info from DePalm via email and will share when I hear back from them.

OK - try this. It appears each resort activity desk does the booking and contracts with DePalm who provides the transportation, etc. As an example, we are at the Surf Club and just called......and was told the cost is $64 per person, DePalm picks you up at the resort - 5ish. Hope this helps.

http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/carubbian-festival

I definitely want to do the Depalm tour. I had never seen it listed on their site, so assume it's a newer tour. Since we never rent a car this would be a good option. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Thanks sunscreen, here is the response from Arubus:

Dear Walt,

The Caribbean Festival is every Thursday
    The price is $ 64.00 per person
    That includes Transportation from the Hotel to the
    Festival and return transfer
    3 Drink tickets Valued at $1.00 each ticket
    2 Meal tickets

Kind regards,

Glenda

Looks like a good deal to me, I'm glad the cost gets you more than a bus ride, the cab fare would be 70 bucks from the hi-rise to San Nicolas round trip.

Nice! I saw the advertisement for the De Palm Tour to the carnival while I was there this week..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast