Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By jplayer

Thread: RENT A JEEP!! Aerial + ground video of North Coast

RENT A JEEP!! Aerial + ground video of North Coast

We always enjoy renting a Jeep when we come to Aruba and I wanted to put something together to hopefully show why!

Rent a Jeep in Aruba | ArubaFix.com

Enjoy!!

Another great video.
    Thanks!

Aren't you afraid to lose your quadcopter and cam when flying over the windy coastline? Nobody can swim there...
    May I ask what brand of quadcopter and cam you're using?

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by qlaval View Post
    Another great video.
    Thanks!

Aren't you afraid to lose your quadcopter and cam when flying over the windy coastline? Nobody can swim there...
    May I ask what brand of quadcopter and cam you're using?

Hey Pierre,
    We do professional video work here in the states and since we have integrated quadcopters into our work I have countless hours of practice and understanding of what to do including with winds.
    The quadcopter we used last year is a Phantom 2 (made by DJI) and it was carrying around a GOpro 3+ black but we have since upgraded to a GOpro 4 Black..
    We have it outfitted for professional filming so its not one that you just buy off the shelf.
    As for losing it, yes it is a reality that could happen with every flight! In fact, before we adopted the technology I had to come to terms with this and be 100% ok with the fact that every flight it could be the last. It is a hard place to get to considering you are talking about a $2k minimum loss if it does go down but in all honesty understanding that and being OK with it is the one thing that allowed me to get all the crazy shots we did!!
    That being said we almost lost it twice and a couple more very close calls.
    One close call was at the gold mine! As I got over the top of it the wind turbulence surrounding it literally sucked it down into the structure. I gave it all the power it had to ascend and I swear I missed the wall by less than a foot!!
    Another close call was that I sent it out about 1000 meters over the ocean (we were on the beach). As it was out there the winds picked up and it would not come back the winds were just to strong.. Luckily I have it programmed where I can toggle it into a manual mode and in that mode it gives you more power. With that little bit of extra power I was able to overcome the winds and get it back to the beach just in time before the battery died!!
    And on the Jolly pirates as I was bringing it In to land (catch it by hand - another thing you have to practice) a gust of wind came along and blew it towards me.. I just jumped out the way and cut the power on the blades hoping for the best.. Luckily it hard landed right in front of me on the deck... When that happened it actually cracked the casing on the copter but with a little epoxy I was able to patch it up for the rest of the week and then I replaced the casing when we got home!

I'm really looking forward to this year!! Not only have we upgraded the phantom even further to get better images but we have also purchased an additional even more professional copter and it is an absolute beast in regards to the speeds it can reach (wind it can find) and it also records in 4k (4x HD resolution).

Can't wait to see the future results...

Thanks for taking the time to write all these info.

Incredible video!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ