Aruba Beach
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By ~Amy~
  • 2 Post By peterr21

Thread: RODGERS BEACH: Review

RODGERS BEACH: Review

We were visiting Baby Beach, which is right around the corner from here, and I wanted to stop and check our Rodgers Beach for awhile.

Coming off the road that leads to these places, you can turn right to head to Rodgers or left to head to Baby Beach.

When we arrived, I have to say that it really didn't impress me. I had read that this was a "hidden gem", but maybe it's hidden because it's not that great and not many people go to it? Or maybe I just didn't care for it because we had just spent the day at a beautiful beach. I guess it could be considered a gem if you want to get away where there's no facilities, the locals hang out, and want to stay away from the crowds.

Rodger's Beach is located at the furthest end of the island (Southeast) and past San Nicolas.

There weren't a lot of people here and maybe that's what makes it a hidden gem. I read that the locals like to hang out here (and probably for that reason).

To me, it looked run down. Some of the sandy areas looked like it had a lot of rocks, while other areas looked powdery soft. There was a building there that seemed to be falling apart. I'm not sure if it's used now or not. They did have a HUGE palapa that looked too big for someone to just sit under and take up all the space. It looked like it was more for huge families or parties or maybe even cookouts. Then there was a mid-sized hut and a very small hut. Those are the only 3 that I seen there. They didn't look like they were in the best shape either.

I'm not sure if this is a place I would return to or not. If someone told me there was awesome snorkeling there, then yea, I probably would just to check it out. But without really having much shade...I would really have to think about it. I made the executive decision for us not to unload and stay awhile and we headed out after I snapped a few pictures.

PICTURES HERE

I'm sad to hear it's run down now. I spent almost every day at Rodgers Beach when I was younger. As soon as school let out of head home to change, them,walk down to this beach with my friends.

Wow I went to Rodgers Beach with my 2 brothers and Ms Daisy like 25 years ago on my first trip to Aruba.

Rodgers Beach is still our favorite to escape people and have a beautiful beach for swimming all to ourselves. We always pack a cooler with snacks and drinks and enjoy an afternoon of swimming and quiet.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Rodgers Beach is still our favorite to escape people and have a beautiful beach for swimming all to ourselves. We always pack a cooler with snacks and drinks and enjoy an afternoon of swimming and quiet.
    Just a question for you. Is there normally a vendor there to rent chairs or umbrellas? Is there any snorkeling in that area?

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    Just a question for you. Is there normally a vendor there to rent chairs or umbrellas? Is there any snorkeling in that area?
    No vendor (which is one of the reasons we love it and it stays quiet) and no decent snorkeling close to shore.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I agree with Amy, it's quiet and secluded and usually if you run into somebody, they are locals. I see quite a lot of locals there which is understandable since we as tourists crowd a lot of their beaches, especially the shallow areas that their kids can safely play in. Although I love baby beach it too has become so busy that we usually stop for a quick cool off on our way to or from that back side of the island.
    Next time you go, take a cooler (some of the hotels will provide one for you, or pickup a cheap soft cooler), pack some liquid refreshment and lunch and just go hang out....the quietness will amaze you and the beauty will too !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Arashi, Boca Catalina, Baby Beach, Boca Grande
    Our experience with Aruba, from restaurants to beaches and everything else, has been there are the popular spots with all the conveniences and amenities you'd expect like renting chairs/umbrellas to the lesser known spots where locals hang and where you won't find conveniences/amenities. Places where you can count other people on one hand. Comes down to what you are looking to experience on the island. Palm Beach or Savaneta Beach...Arashi Beach or Eagle Beach...Rodgers Beach or Baby Beach...Gianni's or Gasparito. No matter the choice happiness and hopefully relaxation will find you!

The natural beauty of the area still shines thru in these photos! Thanks for sharing!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ