Aruba Beach
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By ~Amy~
  • 1 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By __steve__
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Stingray at Eagle Beach - Sept. 2015

  1. #1
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,691

    Stingray at Eagle Beach - Sept. 2015

    Saw this guy on Eagle Beach a couple of weeks ago swimming along the shoreline in front of Amsterdam Manor around 8am. (Excuse the poor photography - took the photo with my phone and didn't want to drop it in the water so my finger got in the way.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stingray at Eagle Beach - Sept. 2015-11062262_10205302312021424_8373624957954771779_n.jpg  
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  2. #2
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,491
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Saw this guy on Eagle Beach a couple of weeks ago swimming along the shoreline in front of Amsterdam Manor around 8am. (Excuse the poor photography - took the photo with my phone and didn't want to drop it in the water so my finger got in the way.)
    VERY cool...!!

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,860
    I agree! How cool is that?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  4. #4
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    Great pic. Are SRs common around Aruba?

  5. #5
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,691
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Great pic. Are SRs common around Aruba?
    I've been to Aruba 32 times and snorkel alot....first time I've ever seen one.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,940
    we have seen a few while snorkeling at catalina cove.
    this past may, we saw a couple at water's edge at arashi on one of the days where the waves were not huge.


    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Great pic. Are SRs common around Aruba?

  7. #7
    Senior Member __steve__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    1556.26 miles from Aruba
    Posts
    356
    Still, a nice photo of a rare occurence

    That ray seems confused. Maybe it acquired a curious gene

  8. #8
    Senior Member AndyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I've been to Aruba 32 times and snorkel alot....first time I've ever seen one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we have seen a few while snorkeling at catalina cove.
    this past may, we saw a couple at water's edge at arashi on one of the days where the waves were not huge.
    Thanks guys.

  9. #9
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,940
    i really am not wild about them.... we often go to clearwater beach and in may/june/july we have to be very careful that we do not step on their barb tails. i have gotten quite good at the sting ray shuffle
    i am glad we do not have to do the shuffle in aruba.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Thanks guys.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO